cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cassie
Contributor
Message 1 of 16

New Calling Plan confusion

Received e-mail today from B.T. about being moved to a new bigger calling plan (their words) on Sept 1st

Apparently my current plan (Unlimited Anytime Calls) is closing and am being moved to Unlimited Minutes package for an extra £4.50 per month.

Being offered other options of Limited Minutes Plan of 700 mins uk mobile and landlines at no extra cost.

The 700 mins would be fine as I go anywhere near that in a month

Then gave me a link to bt.com/manage-calling plans.

However the link then offers me that plan for £7.00 per month after it asked for my home phone no. and postcode.

I didn't put any more details in or they ring you up to ask why you cancelled  that order, which obviously I did.

After hanging on the phone to them for 32mins I gave up. I do get a decent discounted rate on my package of mobile, T.V. and unlimited calls etc which I negotiated a year ago for an 18month contract.

Really confused, and need to know what I am being offered., pay an extra £4.50 per month for what I already had or 700mins for £7.00 ?

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 16

Re: New Calling Plan confusion

It's giving you mobile calls from the landline as well (completely unlimited however) for the extra price. The 700 is 700 mins per month instead of unlimited

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 3 of 16

@Cassiewrote:

Really confused, and need to know what I am being offered., pay an extra £4.50 per month for what I already had or 700mins for £7.00 ?

The extra £4.50 is the new unlimited minutes plan which now includes inclusive calls to UK mobiles, on the old plan you got a 50% discount and paid a setup fee, the new plan has no setup fee.
The one hour limit is also removed, you won't have to clock watch and redial.

0 Ratings
wjphillips
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 16

I agree this seem to be a big price increase from £10 to £14.50 and the need opt out or be automatically tied into a new contract by default seem to be a poor customer policy, when you can get the same package from Plusnet for £9 a month all in. Will be looking at my contract closely when it expire late August

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 16

@wjphillipswrote:

I agree this seem to be a big price increase from £10 to £14.50 and the need opt out or be automatically tied into a new contract by default seem to be a poor customer policy, when you can get the same package from Plusnet for £9 a month all in. Will be looking at my contract closely when it expire late August

Does it state anywhere on the comms that you'll be tied into a contract? I highly doubt it because these are add-on's which don't affect the contract status at all

0 Ratings
Cassie
Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Being offered other options of Limited Minutes Plan of 700 mins uk mobile and landlines at no extra cost.

This was copied from the e-mail I received where it states "no extra cost"

so why does it say £7.00  on the calling plan link?

This is what I can't understand.

My original calling plan included mobiles anyway which I'd never used, plus I never go over the 60min. limit.

0 Ratings
wjphillips
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

It does not directly mention a contract but it does mention charges for leaving early which suggests some form of contract to me.

We hope you’ll be happy with this change, but if you want to leave, you’ll need to call us by 31st August 2020 to avoid paying a charge for leaving early.

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 16

@wjphillipswrote:

It does not directly mention a contract but it does mention charges for leaving early which suggests some form of contract to me.

We hope you’ll be happy with this change, but if you want to leave, you’ll need to call us by 31st August 2020 to avoid paying a charge for leaving early.

It's like the old price changes, if you don't opt out by a certain date you're tied in

0 Ratings
Cassie
Contributor
Message 9 of 16

Sorry, this post seems to have been hijacked, I don't know anything about paying £14.40p from £10.

however I would like a reply to my last post.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 10 of 16

@Cassiewrote:

This was copied from the e-mail I received where it states "no extra cost"

so why does it say £7.00  on the calling plan link?

This is what I can't understand.

My original calling plan included mobiles anyway which I'd never used, plus I never go over the 60min. limit.

The no extra cost is if the calling plan is included in the broadband bundle price, not an addon but bundled with the broadband, not all packages came with weekend calls in the past, some included evening/weekend calls, some included unlimited calls.

Let's say you pay £50 for unlimited broadband with unlimited anytime calls included, the new offer would see the broadband reduced to £43 with the 700 minutes added on, you then end up paying £43 + £7 = £50
So at no extra cost per month, does that make sense ?

0 Ratings