Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JPerry
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

New Customer - Cancelled order

Hopefully someone will be able to help as so far I am underwhelmed by the level of customer care offered by BT.

I ordered the Unlimited BT Infinity 1 + Calls package on the 5th May having recently had a Fibre cabinet enabled in my area.  I decided to go with BT due to being able to get £80 cashback from Quidco and a BT £200 MasterCard as part of the deal.  I am currently with Plusnet for landline and ADSL broadband.  I now wising I'd upgraded with Plusnet.....

I was given an activation date of the 22 May and the order seemed to be going ok for the first few days.  I had notification from Plusnet regarding them being notified of the transfer.  However, by the 9 May I had an e-mail from Plusnet thanking me for deciding to stay with Plusnet for my Home Phone.   I logged into my account on the BT.com website and could see the order tracker was reporting an issue with my order.  I contacted BT via livechat on the 10 May and was told there was a problem with part of the order and they would need to replace the order.  I could expect a call back within 48 hours to update me.  Sure enough I had a missed message on my mobile the following day, having just missed the call by seconds.  Tried to call back only to be informed that I couldn't speak to anyone and that they would automatically call back if necessary.  Waited a day or so with no further contact being made.  Tried live chat again on 26 May and was called back and advised to expect a call back in a 3-4 hours.   Never happened.

Contacted live chat again today.  Was yet again told the order would have be replaced again, wait for 48 hours.  This afternoon I notice my entire order is now cancelled.  This is getting very frustrating and I feel like this is going to go round in a loop.  I'm also concerned that any new order won't get the cashback and I'll loose out and might have well have upgraded with Plusnet.  I must say I've never had such an issue with them!

Sorry if this is a bit of a ramble.... Can anyone help or offer any support to me please?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: New Customer - Cancelled order

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi @JPerry and welcome.

I'm sorry there's been problems with the order. If it's been cancelled then your best bet would be to try and reorder through your cashback website as that's the only way you can get the offers. If that doesn't suit I can help get the order in place. Just drop me over an email with your details and include the cancelled order reference.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
JPerry
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for your response David - I've tried replacing the order via the Quidco website link but I now get the error on your website of:

“We can see from your details that you've already placed an order to stop your current service. In order for us to bring you to BT and keep your number, you must cancel that request with your current service provider.

Please contact your service provide and arrange for the stop request to be cancelled. Once this is done, come back and continue to place your order with BT.

If you don't wish to contact your service provide and are happy to take a new Telephone number please call us on xxxxxxxxxxx”

Is it easier to send you the account details?

Thanks,

James

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Contact @DavidM as requested.

Use the link as shown below.

https://community.bt.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/17

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi @JPerry,

I'm happy to see that everything has been set up for you and is now working.

I would also like you to know that I am in touch with our Gift Card team trying to honour the deal you signed up with. I'm also speaking with our Quidco contact to see if there's anything we can do to help you on that side. It will take a few working days for both of my contacts to get back to me. As soon as I know more I will let you know.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi @JPerry,

I'd like you to know that our Gift Card team have ordered the £200 Gift Card for you. It will be out within the next 30 working days. As soon as I hear back about the other cash back amount I'll get in touch with you. It looks like they won't get back to me until next week.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings