Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bwlmog
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

New Customer

Hi,

I'm currently a Virgin Media customer but in the process of moving to a new house that's not covered by Virgin.

The house I'm buying currently had BT Broadband Fibre 2, however I want FTTP with 900mbps. What's the best way to get the service without any issues or loss of service?

Can I place an order as a new customer for that address and set a install date for the date of completion or do I need to get a MAC code or similar from the current owner?

Thanks in advance,

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
VeteranISPUser
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: New Customer

Hi @bwlmog 

Is FTTP available at your new address - https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Note FTTP on Demand is a business product and would cost several £K to install with a business subscription. 

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

You will need to check to see if the FTTP product is available at your new address. 

See link

Broadband Availability | Fastest Broadband in My Area | BT

Once you decide what you want/can get you place your order. 

Because you are presently with Virgin, who use their own infrastructure , you will need to arrange your BT start date then cancel Virgin. It will not be done by BT as is the case if you were moving to another provider that uses the Openreach netwrok.

bwlmog
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Thank you, I've already checked and the service is available at the new address. Placing a new order as a new customer won't create any problems will it if there is already an active line at that address?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Presumably the present owners will cancel their broadband on the same date as you want yours to start so there should be no problem.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

If owners of your future home have BT  do they have something like this in their home or was broadband provided via standard phone socket.

ONT fttp_small_ont_2019.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings