cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jm485
Message 1 of 5

New Order Cancelled

Good Morning,

I made an online order on the 13/02/17 for BT Infinity 1 Broadband and calls - I've had confirmation e-mails and Direct Debti confirmations of set-up. I am currently with Sky - Fibre unlimited.

On Friday 17/02/17, I missed a call from BT but the voicemail said that the order had been cancelled and the agent was asking if I had made this action. On calling up BT later that evening, I spoke with an Agent who confirmed Openreach had cancelled the order due to the phone number not being available? or not being released?

They now want us to call back on Monday 20/02/17, to resubmit the order, as they can't do this at the weekend?

I'm very confused as to how the order was cancelled without my knowledge or e-mail updates. My activiation date is supposed to be 27/02/17, so now worry that as my Sky is due to be cancelled on that date, I will have no service.

Can someone help or advise, before this starts getting really out of hand?

Jas

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: New Order Cancelled

Welcome to this user forum.

If you asked to transfer your number, then that may not have been possible if the number did not exist within the BT number range allocated to your exchange, as Sky use their own equipment in the exchange, and their own phone number range.

The other possibility is that if it is a Sky number, they may wish to retain it.

The other possibility is that the fibre cabinet is full, and there is no more room for new connections.

0 Ratings
jm485
Message 3 of 5

Hi Keith_Beddoe

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Perhaps you requested to keep the number when you placed the order, as that may be the cause of the cancellation?

Providing a new BT Retail number should not be a problem once Sky release the cable pair back to Openreach. The Sky service would have to be ceased before that could take place, as Sky is an LLU (Local Line Unbundling) provider, so a seamless transfer is not always possible.

If you use your postcode and address in the form below, then that should give you an idea of the fibre availability.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out you personal details before you post the results.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
jm485
Message 5 of 5

Keith_Beddoe, thanks.

Yeah had requested to keep the number thinking that would be easier! haha, maybe not then.

I'll be back with follow-up from phone call tomorrow, hopefully all will be well. The results from the Broadband availability, looks ok?

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings