Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Prallen82
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

New Order - New Home - Despair

After placing an order back on the 10th December 2014 and receiving an installation date for the 5th January I subsquently get multiple calls informing me that the new sites team must be notified by the developer and that the order has been delayed. This is after I called previously to check that everything was in order.

The builder informs me everything is set up, BT give me conflicting information and none of their representatives can explain exactly what the problem is and what needs to be done. The fact the order has been with them so long and these potential problems weren't highligted earlier is a disgrace. My experiences with BT have thus far been shocking and the MyBT portal awful.

It appears my neighbour is also having problems, of which unrelate to the new sites team.; in his instance an engineer had been sent but the pre survey and connection work not completed. The proceses and systems at BT seem broken.

Can anybody advise how I can get this matter moving?

Thanks in advance, Paul
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Order - New Home - Despair

BT do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers. BT do not get any special treatment.

Delays are often due to issues between Openreach, and the builders. There is not a lot BT Retail can do about this.

If your order is being placed with BT Retail, then its possible one of the forum moderators may be able to help.

0 Ratings
Prallen82
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hello Keith and thanks for your response.

As I'm sure you'll appreciate regardless of BT Openreach my contract will be with BT so these interactions should be seamless. It seems like as they've been aware of the order for over a month any issues should have been addressed sooner. Hence the disappointment. I'll attempt to contact again to get a resolution.

Again, thanks for your reply.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi Prallen82,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I'm sorry there's been a problem with the order. I'll be happy to lend a hand and check what's going on for you. Drop me an email with your details. You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings