cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Message 31 of 329

Re: New Totally Unlimited usage

Agree that it should change, to me it shows they don't care about existing customers though you could argue you are getting a free 50TB cloud and access to smart talk for free without re-contracting.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 32 of 329

@zagnome wrote:

@johnalan wrote:

Which means it's only not throttled from Midnight -> 9AM at the weekends, I don't actually ever use p2p anymore, I just use itunes/netflix, but it's still a bit of a kick in the teeth not to be included in the new schema, as a new infinity 2 user. wouldn't fill you with loyalty.

Indeed. They should get rid of the traffic shaping for old customers too. I think we'll still see P2P upload shaping in place outside of peak hours, even though they've removed the blurb from the traffic management page. Only time will tell. 

It will be interesting to see how many people do go for a new contract and what difference it will make, but I do agree that existing customers should be included in this. (We shall see what happens I guess)

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 33 of 329

@Ratty2012 wrote:

@zagnome wrote:

@johnalan wrote:

Which means it's only not throttled from Midnight -> 9AM at the weekends, I don't actually ever use p2p anymore, I just use itunes/netflix, but it's still a bit of a kick in the teeth not to be included in the new schema, as a new infinity 2 user. wouldn't fill you with loyalty.

Indeed. They should get rid of the traffic shaping for old customers too. I think we'll still see P2P upload shaping in place outside of peak hours, even though they've removed the blurb from the traffic management page. Only time will tell. 

It will be interesting to see how many people do go for a new contract and what difference it will make, but I do agree that existing customers should be included in this. (We shall see what happens I guess)

I plan to move to Infinity 1 Unlimited to save me a bit of money, does the line have to re-train?

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
johnalan
Contributor
Message 34 of 329

I wouldn't say so.

I certainly hope I dont see my bandwitdh suffer as the cherrished new customers take advantage of the p2p ban lift.

0 Ratings
swaber
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 329

strange how you dont have to recontract for price increases to take place Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
drizzy
Contributor
Message 36 of 329

Instead of trying to tie people in to staying with BT by having this contract extension thing (ie, a negative approach) it would be nice to see them give existing users something for nothing, and make people _want_ to stay with BT.

That would be far too progressive for BT though.
johnalan
Contributor
Message 37 of 329

Instead of trying to tie people in to staying with BT by having this contract extension thing (ie, a negative approach) it would be nice to see them give existing users something for nothing, and make people _want_ to stay with BT.

That would be far too progressive for BT though.

Spoiler
Exactly.
0 Ratings
UrbanGrunt
Expert
Message 38 of 329

Doesnt look like anyone on option 1 2 3 will be getting unlimited p2p without a new contract.....  http://i.imgur.com/HfVQWp3.png old contracts

New packages http://i.imgur.com/kl4GAxB.png

Really does suck if that is the case.....

0 Ratings
MBR123
Expert
Message 39 of 329

This is great news. Does anyone know if you ordered Infinity before the 1st February do you have to reorder or if your already on Infinity option 2 is it set automatic to your contract, i only started a new contract about 4 months ago.?.

Please click on white star to the left and say thanks if I have helped you at all!. 🙂 Thank you. Some handy links Copy & Paste:-
http://bthomehub.home/
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.html
http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed
0 Ratings
Highlighted
UrbanGrunt
Expert
Message 40 of 329

@MBR123 wrote:

This is great news. Does anyone know if you ordered Infinity before the 1st February do you have to reorder or if your already on Infinity option 2 is it set automatic to your contract, i only started a new contract about 4 months ago.?.

Look at my post above ^ it looks like it will require a new contract.

0 Ratings