cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Message 21 of 329

Re: New Totally Unlimited usage

@swaber wrote:

i'm on infinity 2 . i cant see me re-contracting if i get charged as i dont use p2p .

If you re-contact to Infinity 2 there is no charges as there isn't an activation charge.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
MMR
Contributor
Message 22 of 329

Ryant704,

You are correct games are not throttle but only if they don't make use of p2p. FIFA is a strange beast as it uses two different protocols (according to EA themselves). If you game though the EA servers no p2p. But if you make a direct invite to play a game to one of your friend on your firends list them it is a direct connection between the two IP addresses and use the p2p protocol. I doubt BT make an exeption for different p2p application. More likely a blanket throttle on the p2p protocol.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 23 of 329

@MMR wrote:

Ryant704,

You are correct games are not throttle but only if they don't make use of p2p. FIFA is a strange beast as it uses two different protocols (according to EA themselves). If you game though the EA servers no p2p. But if you make a direct invite to play a game to one of your friend on your firends list them it is a direct connection between the two IP addresses and use the p2p protocol. I doubt BT make an exeption for different p2p application. More likely a blanket throttle on the p2p protocol.

P2P is not throttled.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 24 of 329

@ray_dorset wrote:

@MMR wrote:

Ryant704,

P2P is not throttled.

P2P is still throttled unless you have recontracted from the 1st of Feburary 2013.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 25 of 329

@ryant704 wrote:

@ray_dorset wrote:

@MMR wrote:

Ryant704,

P2P is not throttled.

P2P is still throttled unless you have recontracted from the 1st of Feburary 2013.

Indeed, but p2p is only throttled during peak hours.

0 Ratings
swaber
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 329

Surely it would be much easier to switch everybody on infinity 2 over to the Totally unlimited usage package . Without having to mess about re-contracting

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 27 of 329

@swaber wrote:

Surely it would be much easier to switch everybody on infinity 2 over to the Totally unlimited usage package . Without having to mess about re-contracting

That would be logical

0 Ratings
johnalan
Contributor
Message 28 of 329

Which means it's only not throttled from Midnight -> 9AM at the weekends, I don't actually ever use p2p anymore, I just use itunes/netflix, but it's still a bit of a kick in the teeth not to be included in the new schema, as a new infinity 2 user. wouldn't fill you with loyalty.

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 29 of 329

It was the same when BT changed the speed on Infinity2 last April, you had to get a new contract to get the speed upgrade.

0 Ratings
zagnome
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 329

@johnalan wrote:

Which means it's only not throttled from Midnight -> 9AM at the weekends, I don't actually ever use p2p anymore, I just use itunes/netflix, but it's still a bit of a kick in the teeth not to be included in the new schema, as a new infinity 2 user. wouldn't fill you with loyalty.

Indeed. They should get rid of the traffic shaping for old customers too. I think we'll still see P2P upload shaping in place outside of peak hours, even though they've removed the blurb from the traffic management page. Only time will tell. 

0 Ratings