cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
565 Views
Message 61 of 329

Re: New Totally Unlimited usage

I suppose request it yourself includes online as well, seems reasonable.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
545 Views
Message 62 of 329

Re: New Totally Unlimited usage

From experience, I'd never renew online

 

(you can't negotiate when talking to a computer;))

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
UrbanGrunt
Expert
542 Views
Message 63 of 329

Re: New Totally Unlimited usage


@DS wrote:

From experience, I'd never renew online

 

(you can't negotiate when talking to a computer;))


Very true DS, I plan to phone them in the morning and ask for contract renewal keeping my current price deal:P

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
539 Views
Message 64 of 329

Re: New Totally Unlimited usage


@UrbanGrunt wrote:

@DS wrote:

From experience, I'd never renew online

 

(you can't negotiate when talking to a computer;))


Very true DS, I plan to phone them in the morning and ask for contract renewal keeping my current price deal😛


shouldn't that be (coughs) at a lower more competitive price....:D

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
chrcoluk
Aspiring Expert
535 Views
Message 65 of 329

Re: New Totally Unlimited usage

Contract renewal is a light penalty for me since I still have 17 months left anyway and as such seems a no brainer although I dont use p2p you never know when a false positive detection will throttle something.

 

However I do find it very petty from BT that they force customers to have a new 18 month commit just for what is really a minor change of contract terms.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
504 Views
Message 66 of 329

Re: New Totally Unlimited usage


@DS wrote:

@UrbanGrunt wrote:

@DS wrote:

From experience, I'd never renew online

 

(you can't negotiate when talking to a computer;))


Very true DS, I plan to phone them in the morning and ask for contract renewal keeping my current price deal😛


shouldn't that be (coughs) at a lower more competitive price....:D


What I'm still not exactly clear about is that if you upgrade, and recontract as an existing customer, do you pay new the price stated on the new package(s) available? Obviously I don't expect to get the 6 months free option.

0 Ratings
G4HLF
Contributor
499 Views
Message 67 of 329

Re: New Totally Unlimited usage


@johnalan wrote:

Which means it's only not throttled from Midnight -> 9AM at the weekends, I don't actually ever use p2p anymore, I just use itunes/netflix, but it's still a bit of a kick in the teeth not to be included in the new schema, as a new infinity 2 user. wouldn't fill you with loyalty.



Why not? I joined on the 25th Jan on Infinity 2, upgraded today to unlimited, easy!

0 Ratings
G4HLF
Contributor
493 Views
Message 68 of 329

Re: New Totally Unlimited usage


@ray_dorset wrote:
Yes, they want you to re-sign for another 18 months. That's the game they're playing.

Where did you get the 18 months from?

 

As an existing customer on option 2 who has signed up for unlimited my new contract is 12 monrhs.

 

Regards,

 

Paul

0 Ratings
G4HLF
Contributor
493 Views
Message 69 of 329

Re: New Totally Unlimited usage


@uklee wrote:

just recontracted and its NOT signed me up for 18 months

 

  • Unlimited Broadband and Evening & Weekend Calls with BT Infinity
  • Your contract started on 25/08/2011
  • Your contract finishes on 24/02/2013

 

 

Confued now just looked at track my order where is states contract 12months - so idea what correct. That said 12 months I can deal with


If it says 12 months its 12 months!

0 Ratings
G4HLF
Contributor
491 Views
Message 70 of 329

Re: New Totally Unlimited usage


@pippincp wrote:

@uklee wrote:

just recontracted and its NOT signed me up for 18 months

 

  • Unlimited Broadband and Evening & Weekend Calls with BT Infinity
  • Your contract started on 25/08/2011
  • Your contract finishes on 24/02/2013

 

 

Confued now just looked at track my order where is states contract 12months - so idea what correct. That said 12 months I can deal with


That's your old contract, it can take 24hrs or more to update your online account.


I suspect the 12 months was from the email that is sent acknowledging your order and stating the new terms and conditions. I upgraded from Infinity 2 to Unlimited and my new contract is 12 months. Where do you find your contract term online?

 

Regards,

 

Paul

0 Ratings