cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uklee
Contributor
Message 71 of 329

Re: New Totally Unlimited usage

The 12 months starts from the 4th feb 2013 the day the order is to be completed. Not sure why it takes 4 days to regrade/contract, surely this could happen overnight being I already have the product minis p2p unlimited and 50gb cloud space.

It does give the impression that you need to sign for 18 months. 

BT need to address the recontract ordering side -you dont get a new HH3, nor a voucher for Sainsburys. What I am getting is truely unlimited data (to the best of my knowledge Ive never used p2p) and 50GB of cloud space.

Its good to see BT and very slowly realizing they have to keep up with the competition after poor results this week.

Lee

0 Ratings
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 72 of 329

I nearly had a heart attack when I re-contracted to Totally Unlimited Usage Infinity 2 because I recived an email with the order details and it said Line Rental and I had to pay 15.00 extra. So I went over to BT Chat and they said that it was incorrect. Well it better be incorrect. So I recontracted yesterday and I looked at the VOL thinng and it says that It is complete..?

0 Ratings
chrcoluk
Aspiring Expert
Message 73 of 329

I dont think I will be doing this online it seems very unclear.

First it says this, which would rule out those who have recently signed up.

You're eligible to re-contract if:

1) You purchased your current Infinity package before April 2012
2) You haven't upgraded or re-contracted since April 2012

So I fail #1

Also there is no 3 month discount so if someone like me who has a 3 month discount regrades it looks like that discount is lost and finally I do wonder what happens with a pre existing prepaid line rental deal.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 74 of 329

@Ribblelancs wrote:

@DS wrote:

@UrbanGrunt wrote:

@DS wrote:

From experience, I'd never renew online

(you can't negotiate when talking to a computer;))

Very true DS, I plan to phone them in the morning and ask for contract renewal keeping my current price deal😛

shouldn't that be (coughs) at a lower more competitive price....:D

What I'm still not exactly clear about is that if you upgrade, and recontract as an existing customer, do you pay new the price stated on the new package(s) available? Obviously I don't expect to get the 6 months free option.

Seem to have found the answer to this question.
1./ BT are unable to process my order. "Please telephone this number".
2./ My entitlement to cloud is 2GB. If I recontract, then I can increase this to 50GB at no extra cost. In real money this means that the cost will be the same.
I am already aware that my existing contract expires in 3 month's time. So the 50GB will be available at no cost increase, but with 1000kbps upload speeds, it's going to take a long time to send a required 10GB of data to the BT version of the Cloud.
Incidentally Microsoft Office 2013 gives 20GB of Cloud storage. It's all OK for those with Infinity.

0 Ratings
chrcoluk
Aspiring Expert
Message 75 of 329

Ok just done on the phone and I need to wait a few days, so new customers are eligible, what I pasted was misleading, but is confirmed anyone still on a introductory offer that gets lost.  Also is 12 months not 18 even if on existing 18 month contract.

0 Ratings
uklee
Contributor
Message 76 of 329

I nearly had a heart attack when I re-contracted to Totally Unlimited Usage Infinity 2 because I recived an email with the order details and it said Line Rental and I had to pay 15.00 extra. So I went over to BT Chat and they said that it was incorrect. Well it better be incorrect. So I recontracted yesterday and I looked at the VOL thinng and it says that It is complete..?

Again this is all confusing the custoemr -received an email saying broadband completed but bt cloud not until monday - go to my account and look at track your order is states nothing as been completed but will on Monday Feb 4th

Lee

0 Ratings
chrcoluk
Aspiring Expert
Message 77 of 329

I have the same it shows a higher line rental.

The only reason I didnt ring back because you and the other guy said BT have said its in error.

0 Ratings
uklee
Contributor
Message 78 of 329

just ensure you check your next bill 🙂

0 Ratings
A1944
Expert
Message 79 of 329

@chrcoluk wrote:

You're eligible to re-contract if:

1) You purchased your current Infinity package before April 2012
2) You haven't upgraded or re-contracted since April 2012

Does the change which took place last year by which Infinity 1 upload went from 2 Mbps to 10 Mbps class as an upgrade for the purposes of this, or would that be if someone went from Infinity 1 to Infinity 2?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 80 of 329

@Ribblelancs wrote:

@DS wrote:

@UrbanGrunt wrote:

@DS wrote:

From experience, I'd never renew online

(you can't negotiate when talking to a computer;))

Very true DS, I plan to phone them in the morning and ask for contract renewal keeping my current price deal😛

shouldn't that be (coughs) at a lower more competitive price....:D

What I'm still not exactly clear about is that if you upgrade, and recontract as an existing customer, do you pay new the price stated on the new package(s) available? Obviously I don't expect to get the 6 months free option.

I've NEVER paid the online price since joining BT:)

(back in the day, I even managed to get BTVision for what worked out to by half price for 12 months!:D)

At every renewal, I just ask to be put through to retentions - organ grinder and monkey;)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings