cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Expert
Message 11 of 33

Re: New Unlimited Calls plan = September 2020 New Charges

Go to solution

Another rip off from BT again with their continual price hikes. Yes, I know I don't make any attempt to change supplier but I'm old now and don't like change.

I am a person who is 'with it' but I don't make calls to mobiles from my landline as I have unlimited minutes on my mobile phone to do that. And if the new new plan means that one can make a call without having to re-dial after 60  minutes has been reached, then so what? I would just re-dial not that I have ever really wanted to speak for longer than an hour.

Sharp practice from our great BT again

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 12 of 33

Go to solution

"We hope you’ll be happy with this change, but if you want to leave, you’ll need to call us by 31st August 2020 to avoid paying a charge for leaving early."

Think this deadline / charge refers to leaving your fixed term deal early - not locking you back in at the start of a new one.
Been told can accept 4.50 or cancel completely and go back to old weekend only - this AM on phone - and keep monthly rolling - but not get 700.
Other posters have also been told on here that cannot switch to new 700 plan etc - without restarting 24 months.

But others think they have selected it on line and working so confused?

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 13 of 33

Go to solution

Just to be more confused I received a letter today telling me that my Broadband is going to be cheaper at £29.99p/month. I don't even know what I'm paying currently as their bills and accounting are so confusing! 

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 14 of 33

Go to solution

@Scot_39wrote:

Other posters have also been told on here that cannot switch to new 700 plan etc - without restarting 24 months.

If you have Unlimited Anytime Calls (UAC) as an addon, not bundled in with the broadband, you can switch to 700 minutes without renewing the minimum term/contract.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 15 of 33

Go to solution

@HHGTTGwrote:

Just to be more confused I received a letter today telling me that my Broadband is going to be cheaper at £29.99p/month. I don't even know what I'm paying currently as their bills and accounting are so confusing! 

BT are reducing the cost of standard broadband, no catch, no strings.
Your bill will show you itemised breakdown, if you're still unsure contact the billing team and they can explain.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 16 of 33

Go to solution

I still maintain that bills are confusing. I have now looked at one or two past quarterly bills and all it says is "Broadband and Calls" for the quarter. Never anywhere does it actually list cost of Broadband as a separate entity like it once did.

I seem to remember when I first switched to ADSL Broadband 17 Mbps it added about £10 to my monthly bill but of course that went up and became unlimited but it is listed as I indicated above.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 17 of 33

Go to solution

@HHGTTGwrote:

I still maintain that bills are confusing. I have now looked at one or two past quarterly bills and all it says is "Broadband and Calls" for the quarter. Never anywhere does it actually list cost of Broadband as a separate entity like it once did.

The ASA banned providers from having a separate charge for line and another for broadband back in 2015, It must be sold as a bundle.
BT line rental on its own is £20.20, you can work out the broadband element from that.

However this is off topic and not related to the change of calling plan.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 18 of 33

Go to solution
Thanks for that but why not call that Broadband and Line Rental and then we'd all know?
Again, off topic!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 33

Go to solution

As an aside to this, slightly off topic, but well done BT ... you have yet again sent an email which could potentially be seen as a phishing scam.

The links html wording says "Head to .... bt.com/manage-calling-plan", yet the underlying link starts :-

https://btconsumer.imicampaign.io

This is a disgraceful way to behave.

Moderators, please get this investigated immediately, as many people could see this as a scam and ignore it.

You've been told numerous times to use your own domain for links (and web beacons to see who's clicked the links) and NOT use 3rd party sites that look completely wrong.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 33

Go to solution

Logged in to MyBT to see my options, one option was to stay on existing plan. I am on anytime unlimited, does this option mean what it says or will it increase by £4.50 in September?

0 Ratings