cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 33

Re: New Unlimited Calls plan = September 2020 New Charges

Go to solution

I should add that I have been on Anytime Calls for many years and it currently costs me £7.50

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 33

Go to solution

The option to "stay on existing plan" only means you can stay on it until 1st September, when most existing plans are being discontinued, and being replaced by the new Unlimited Minutes, or else you can opt for 700 Minutes or PAYG.

From what I've read, the figure of £4.50 extra is very misleading  -  apparently it's based on BT's  estimate that most customers currently pay at least £10.50 per month on calls. 

The new Unlimited Minutes plan costs £15 per month per BT's Consumer Price Guide leaflet.    If you have been in the habit of using £10.50 worth of calls,  then yes, the new plan will cost you £4.50 extra.

From MSE:     "BT says affected customers pay at least £10.50/mth at the moment, so the maximum price hike will be £4.50/mth – or £54/yr. However, it says for many the price increase will be less, and after factoring in what customers currently typically pay on out-of-allowance calls, it estimates the average net price rise will be £1.83/mth."

If you normally pay, say, £12 on calls, the price rise will only be £3 extra.

But if you normally spend, say, £3 per month on calls, the new plan will presumably cost you £12 extra, and so on.

For years I've had Unlimited Anytime bundled in with my broadband package, so haven't paid anything extra for calls unless I've called a service number, or have gone over the 60-minute limit for any one call  (though I dare say an amount for calls has been included in the package cost).  This means I've only spent £2.08 on calls outwith the plan  in the last year.

The new plan will therefore (I assume) cost me about £178 extra per year, or over £14 extra per month.

Still trying to get through to BT , but so far, if the above is indeed the case,  it looks as if PAYG will be cheaper for me.

**    On the other hand, on looking at page 25 of the BT Consumer Price Guide leaflet:

https://www.bt.com/assets/pdf/BT_PhoneTariff_Residential.pdf

it says, re the figure of £15, " This is a maximum price; some customers may pay less".     What on earth does that mean??

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 23 of 33

Go to solution

Well, I am even more confused now with BT's billing. I have just seen my latest Quarterly bill for ADSL 17Mbps BB and unlimited  Anytime calls and the bill is now only £109.99 as distinct from the usual £154!!!

Looking at the breakdown, there is a rebate for this and a rebate for that and an adjustment for this and that - total bloody confusion but still it's taken by DD and it's less so who cares?

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 33

Go to solution

The reduction is the one mandated by ofcom prwviously -

BT customers without access to superfast broadband will no longer pay more than entry-level superfast customers

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 25 of 33

Go to solution

Gary BS29 

Is that answer in reply to my question or confusion above?

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 26 of 33

Go to solution

@HHGTTG It's a response to your price reduction confusion

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 27 of 33

Go to solution
Many thanks for that. I did look up other offers I was prompted to examine and Halo 1 was the only one that I would consider but I don't know whether this automatically includes Anytime calls - I would assume it did thought.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 33

Go to solution

@grannyand wrote:

For years I've had Unlimited Anytime bundled in with my broadband package, so haven't paid anything extra for calls unless I've called a service number, or have gone over the 60-minute limit for any one call  (though I dare say an amount for calls has been included in the package cost).  This means I've only spent £2.08 on calls outwith the plan  in the last year.

The new plan will therefore (I assume) cost me about £178 extra per year, or over £14 extra per month.

No, your existing Unlimited plan is £9.50/m not free

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 33

Go to solution

If so, the price must be bundled in with the broadband price, as it's not itemised separately.

I've been on this broadband/calls package for ten years, though the name has changed slightly from time to time.

It started as "Broadband and Calls", which was a package consisting of Unlimited Anytime calls and BT Total Broadband Option 1.

Currently called "Broadband Unlimited and Anytime Calls" on my bills

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 30 of 33

Go to solution

Well having been in hospital for most of the month this has come as a surprise to me. I have gone through all the emails received and there is one from BT.

I am on the Unlimited Anytime Calls add on paying £8.09pm.  I can see that the tariff guide refers to payg , 700 minutes for £7 and  Unlimited Minutes for £15.
However when I use the link in the email instead of the Unlimited I get this

call plan sept 2020.PNG

Any ideas as to what My Anytime is as it isn't in the tariff guide?

Based on my usage I will probably opt for the 700 minutes after I have analysed things.

0 Ratings