cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

New Youview Box

Go to solution

I'm currently out of contract with my TV package (MAX HD) and its my understanding that the Youview box is mine as my contract start date was June 2019. 

I suspect that if I signed up for a new flexible TV package the ownership of the box would pass to BT.

Is that correct and if so could I ask for a new box to go along with the new contract.

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: New Youview Box

Go to solution

The box ownership Vs on loan is based on when you receive the box, not linked to when your contract starts, renews or changes.

If you received the box before 19/12/2019 the box is yours to keep, if the box you have needs replaced, the replacement will be on loan.

Some packages now include the new Pro box as part of the subscription, the Pro box would be on loan but your original still remains yours, BT would send a returns bag for the old box, you could recycle it yourself though and not return it.

Message 3 of 3

Re: New Youview Box

Go to solution

@hannes 

@-Richie- 

This is a section of the new T&Cs

"So if you joined us or have renewed your contract on or after this date, you’ll be charged for not returning equipment to us. You’ll have 60 days to return it from the date you stopped using it before we charge you."

Not sure that BT could legally enforce that condition. I suspect it's actually poorly worded and doesn't quite mean what it says.

0 Ratings