cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Craig_a86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

New account can't have same services as account I'm closing at the same address?

Hi,

I really hope someone can help as I've called up the call centres 5 times now and I keep getting shifted around and then sent to a either someone with with no information from the person I was previously speaking or in the one instance to an automated message that put the phone down on me.

I've found out that I can't change an account into someone else's name properly, even though we want to keep everything the same at the address just change the account over, so must pay the cease charge.  I've cancelled my account as I'm moving out and my sister who is in the same house has set up a new account, orders is currently going through.

She's been informed that she cannot have BT entertainment plus or able to recieve BT Sport, essentially the IPTV chanels are not availble to us it seems.  However I currently have them on my account, so I know they do work and are availble. 

The one guy who helped slightly was from sales and said that there seemed to have been a change at the exchange which meant we couldn't recieve them anymore and he'd never seen that before, however again I let him know that it's working for me now so no reason it shouldn't work for a new account.  I was then pushed over to the tv faults team I think, who again had no idea what was going on?

Any ideas?  Or is there a mod that can assist? I'd very much like to speak to a single person who could assist?

Thanks,

Craig

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: New account can't have same services as account I'm closing at the same address?

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they cannot deal with service issues that way.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail, when its your turn in the queue.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Re: New account can't have same services as account I'm closing at the same address?

Hi Craig,

The same services should be available on sister's account. I would need to take a look at the order to see why this isn't the case. Please could you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Craig_a86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 15

I used the contact the mods link on Sunday, what is te average turnaround time at the moment as I've yet to hear anything. Is it worth cancelling the order till this can be sorted out?

Thanks,
Craig
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

At present it is about five working days for the moderators to get back to you.

0 Ratings
Craig_a86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Re: New account can't have same services as account I'm closing at the same address? FED UP

I've had assistance from a mod (Michelle) who was very helpful, however I had a missed call from her 2 days ago and no mesage left or no re- attempted calls to myself, to try and rectify our issue, a new order has been placed for us and is totally incorrect and not the package we want, which I can see leading to even more issues for us.  Calling the number Michelle called from is constantly busy.

Considering we already have the exact services we want, it's ridiculous that I'm having to go through so many phone calls and people, just to allow us to contuinue having the same services in someone elses name.  Can someone contact me about this?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Re: New account can't have same services as account I'm closing at the same address? FED UP

Hi Craig_a86,

Thanks for posting back!

I can see that Michelle has this scheduled in to give you a call back later today.

All the best,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Craig_a86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Thanks Robbie, is there anyway to note that I am actually working so if there is no initial answer please try again a short while later.

Thanks,

Craig

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

@Craig_a86 No bother, I'll let her know that Smiley Happy

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Craig_a86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Last contacted by Michelle on Monday evening, passed on my sister number, no update in regards to setting up a new account.

Again I can't stress enough, all we want to do is open a new account, taking over a line with exactly the same services??  How hard can this be?

Please could you have Micheele contact my sister on the number provided at least to give an update, she's had no internet access since Friday now.  If there is amy issues, then more than welcome to contact me again.

Thanks for the assitance thus far

Craig

0 Ratings