Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fivefootone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

New broadband order cancelled?

Hello,

I hope I'm in the right place (apologies if not!). On the 26th January I signed up for an Infinity package with TV and BT Sport. Everything went through fine and I cancelled with my current provider. I have just 'tracked' my order to check it's progress (as everything should be activated next Thursday) and found that on the 6th February they cancelled my broadband order?? Everything else is still coming and on time, and I can see I am still due to receive a home hub, but I did not cancel my broadband order, I have not received anything from BT to state they have cancelled it; I am a little confused and concerned! 

Can anyone shed some light on the subject??? 

Thanks!

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: New broadband order cancelled?

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

the infinity order may have been cancelled if the cabinet has no available capacity once you have posted the results back we should be ale to help you further
0 Ratings
fivefootone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Hi,

I used my address as my phone number is currently not with BT and wouldn't work. This is what I received:

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

HighLowHighLow    
FTTC Range A (Clean)80722020--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)77.843.72014.3--Available
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 14--8 to 18.5Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 14Up to 18 to 18.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 7--6 to 8Available
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available
Fixed Rate2----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------Available

WBC SOGEA is currently not available on this cabinet due to following reasons:- Sorry your cabinet is temporarily unavailable, capacity will be restored as soon as possible.

^This probably means more to you than it does to me!!

If I can't get Infinity, will that mean I get my Infinity connection fee refunded?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Hi @fivefootone

I am very sorry you are having problems with your order.  Here is a link where you can chat with our order team online:

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/chat/contact_chat/queue_id/386/

This chat option will only be available between 09:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday and I'd strongly recommend that you give them a shout during this time.

Feel free to post back and let me know how you get on chatting with them.

Cheers

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
fivefootone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Hi @RobbieMac,

Thanks for your reply. I couldn't access the live chat using the link you provided but I did manage to find it somewhere else.

I've been told that my order for telephone line had failed so BT cancelled my broadband order. When I said that my telephone line wasn't supposed to be transferred until the 25th Feb as I am still under my current provider, I was told that I would need to place a new order on 25th Feb as the order for broadband and TV will progress only once the telephone line is active with BT. I explained that I thought that because I ordered activation for that date it would mean that I wouldn't loose any services because that is my contract end date, and I was unhappy to place a new order because surely I would have to pay additional infinity connection fees, which I have already paid, and delivery fees which I have already paid?

The advisor I am currently speaking to has just said ' please bear with me while I check the details to assist you' followed by 'could please explain a bit more'

I'm not sure how else to explain it?! I am thinking about cancelling my order and going elsewhere if this is happening before I've even started my contract!!

0 Ratings
fivefootone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Update:

I have been assured that there will be no extra payments, and that I will be called on the 23rd Feb to place a new order, a complaint will be raised and the agent I'm speaking with will track it personally. I have also been assured that the price, package and products will remain the same. I've been told that if an order has not progressed for a long time it will fail automatically; just a bit peeved I wasn't advised of this when I originally spoke to an online agent! They told me it would be fine.

fivefootone

0 Ratings
fivefootone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Really fed up!!

It has been a nightmare experience with BT so far, and I am getting so fed up that I feel like cancelling altogether.

I ordered BT Broadband and TV to activate at the end of February, only for the broadband to 'automatically' cancel. When I spoke to someone online they assured me I could reorder the broadband closer to the time.

When I phoned up I was told that actually no, I would have to cancel the order and re-order it. Which I did, paying out another £65 for activation (having been assured I would receive a refund for the original order....a refund I am still waiting for more than a week later). I was told activation would be before the 11/3 because they would fast track it.

Phoned again as I received equipment from the original order which I had cancelled, asked if I could have my services activated soon as I had everything I need. "Yes you will receive a call on Saturday, services will be activated Monday 28th".

No phone call, no activation.

Phoned AGAIN. No, services can't be activated until the 11/3.

So all in all, not a positive start BT! I am hoping a moderator can help me get this sorted ASAP otherwise I will be cancelling all of my services.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Re: Really fed up!!

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

@fivefootone I'm really sorry about the issues getting your service with BT activated.

If we are taking over your service from another provider we can't fast track these orders due toe minimum lead times put in place by the regulator when moving from one provider to another. 

We'll be happy to take a look at this but the Mod team are quite busy at the moment so it will take a few days for us to respond.  Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
fivefootone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Sorry for my late reply, I have no internet so I have had to wait until I am at work.

I have had no supplier since the 25th February, so I don't know why my order couldn't be fast tracked?

I am just sending a message to the moderators.

0 Ratings