cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wac
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

New broadband package; phone costs (ordinary voice calls) : 14 day cancellation

I have been on Halo 1 for years paying £44.81 for broadband with free weekend calls. When the latest upgrades ..Halo 3 etc were announced there did not appear to be any reason to upgrade looking at broadband speed.

However on 22nd July I got virus type problems on my computer and thought I might need to make long calls during day and phoned 150 (?) to change my plan. The virus problem has been resolved by DELL.

I have now got 700 minute call plan  costing £7.31 per month. I make very few office hours calls ...<5 per month costing less than £5 extra.

IF I CANCEL MY ORDER WITHIN 14 DAYS,as per your LEGAL STUFF, am I guaranteed to revert to my contract last month with free weekend calls and £44.81 for broadband? **********

The initial advert for Halo 3 etc did not appear to explain the changes to charges for ordinary calls and that free weekend calls etc were not now offered. My new monthly charge will be £53.10 The web is highly confusing.

At the very least I think 500 minutes instead of 700 would save some. Could not find price for that on web

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
iniltous
Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: New broadband package; phone costs (ordinary voice calls) : 14 day cancellation

AFAIR, the old calls packages were replaced many months ago , with PAYG, 700 mins ( which replaced 500 mins for the same cost , so 200 mins extra for ‘free’  ) and an Unlimited type option, customers were moved to the closest match up of old to new ‘plans’ (unless you specifically asked for to move to an option ) in my case ,  I was moved from ‘weekends’ to PAYG  ( the one I would have picked anyway ) 
If you moved from ‘weekends’ to 700 mins , you can change it again, but I doubt you can go back to ‘weekends’ as it’s not a current option, you would presumably need to go to the closest match of PAYG ( if the 700 mins doesn’t suit your needs , no point looking for 500 mins , it was the same price as 700 anyway)

TBH, if you were still on ‘weekends’ as recently as July , I don’t know how you avoided the initial sweep of people moved from the old to new call plans , I wasn’t given the option of remaining on WE calls, it was just imposed.

0 Ratings
wac
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Re: New broadband package; phone costs (ordinary voice calls) : 14 day cancellation

MORE INFO PLEASE
There appears to be £2 per month for PAYG and then unspecified charge per minute. How much is it? My 11 July 2021 bill had 2 calls costing £1.29 duration 3:47 extra on top of my broadband charge. There are several references to 500 plan on web!!
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 4 of 6

500 minutes is no longer sold, there are references as it's a recent package, your options are PAYG, 700 minutes or unlimited.

0 Ratings
ney
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

I moved from free weekend calls to PAYG over a year ago and dont have a £2 a month call charge for the PAYG service.

When I renewed my broadband earlier this year I managed to get BT Fibre 2 for the price of Fibre 1 as the cost was then but I did tell them I had been looking elsewhere for my fibre broadband.

Last bill 3 calls was made on my landline lasting just under 2mins and costing just over £2 extra.

Some months I can go without making any calls using the phoneline and now at times dont even have a phone plugged in to the phoneline.

Darren

0 Ratings
wac
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Following on from previous contributor (Darren?)

I told BT that new package was too expensive. Consulted her manager!

My BT Halo 3 Broadband Package reduced from £45.99 to £40.99

PAYG without £2 charge

700 Minute Calling Plan cancelled. I only make couple of calls per quarter.

It pays to complain and argue for better deal. I still think the annual price rise each March is excessive :-

Increase: Consumer Price Index rate of inflation plus 3.9% annually from March 2022

Due to BREXIT the rate will be larger than normal!!

0 Ratings