Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomz0rr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

New build - 140 days without connection

Hi guys,

Oh boy what a long story this is. Basically, new build visited back in November by openreach and they decided then that the best connection method was underground. I placed an order in december with BT. Since then we have had no progress. I am on my fourth case manager due to this not getting pushed through on BT's end. They are now saying that they are waiting on the highways authorities to hold a meeting on how to best close the road. This meeting was supposed to take place on 10/4/19 but did not. Does anyone have any contact information for openreach as I believe they are the ones organising this meeting with the contractor they have chosen.

As you can imagine due to the length of time that this has taken we have grown incredible frustrated and cannot rely on 'we will update you at DATE' just for there to not be an update and another date given. This has been the case for months.

We have been handled awfully by Openreach - how it has taken them this long to organise this is beyond me. At one point they sent out an engineer with the instructions of 'get us connected' but no information so he couldn't do anything. He even said it was a joke it's taken this long and we should be given a heavy compensation from BT for lack of service.

Does any one have any contact numbers or anything for openreach?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: New build - 140 days without connection

Welcome to this user forum. @Tomz0rr 

There would be no direct contact to Openreach, however..

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Message 3 of 3

Re: New build - 140 days without connection

Good Morning @Tomz0rr,

It's good to see you back on the Community. I am so sorry for the reason behind it.

With the amount of time that you have waited, I can completely understand why you would be frustrated.

You asked how you can contact Openreach about your order and the delay getting road closure. However; from the moment you placed your order with us, BT Retail, you won't be able to deal with them. We have an agreement with Openreach to act on your behalf. There are ways that we can escalate or complain to Openreach in the same way that any of our Customers can with us. As I can't see your account; I'd like to make sure that we are case managing it effectively and also make sure that we are doing everything we can with Openreach. I've sent you a private message so we can discuss it with you.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings