cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

New build connection - stunning display of incompetency

Decided to try this forum as I am at a total loss as to what to do next. I first applied for BT landline and broadband on 19th June and was told we would be connected on 27th June. I was skeptical as it is a brand new connection to a new property and I knew there was no cable. I did try to explain this at first but wasn't really listened to and assured that the connection would be made regardless. Sure enough, it didn't happen. In fact, that very first phone call triggered the most stunning display of absolute and utter incompetence at every single turn. I am actually lost for words to try and convey quite how badly BT Openreach have let us down. It has eventually culminated in us being connected on 2nd October  (more than 3 months after first contact) for our broadband to work (perfectly I might add) for a glorious 5 days. On day 5 the router went from blue to orange. Ironically, I was actually on the phone to BT about my ongoing formal complaint at the time. Despite 4 phone conversations (all lasting between 30 and 60 mins) and one online chat since, we are still not re-connected and I have just been told I won't be until 24th October  - another 9 days. I am constantly given contradicting information and promises which fail to deliver. I have to do all the chasing up - if I don't phone and hassle nothing happens (I learnt this the hard way during the first 3 months). I am constantly told that my complaint is being escalated, a case manager will be assigned to my case, someone will contact me in 24, 48 hours ... absolutely NOTHING has happened. I can't go to the ombudsman yet because my complaint hasn't been open for 8 weeks yet, even though the problems have been ongoing for 4 months. What if I wait another 9 days and am then told it will be yet longer? What can I actually do?!  

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: New build connection - stunning display of incompetency

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

@hkerr21 I'm so sorry about the problems getting your service connected, please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your order details and we'll be happy to find out whats happening. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Replied to the moderator (filling all the same information in yet again to the form) only to be told it could take 48 hours for a reply. Meanwhile, the call back I was promised yesterday between 10am and 12 today has not happened.... Actually unbelievable!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

you are in a queue of other customers waiting for MOD assistance and to ensure everyone is treated equally the mods will reply in order the forms are received

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

Hi @hkerr21 thanks for taking my call earlier and sorry about the delay and incorrect information you have received.

After our conversation I've checked on the progress of your complaint and can confirm that it is open and has is now been dealt with by a manager following your conversation with them earlier in the week. Hopefully things will progress smoother for you from now on and they will be back in touch with you on the 25/10/18.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings