cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

New build flat - can’t buy broadband package

Hi everyone, been struggling with internet connection since I moved into my new build flat a month ago. The openreach ONT box was installed the week before I moved in (so 5 weeks ago now), it is plugged in and has green lights showing. 

My address/post code is showing on all ISP’s websites, however, all of them say “something went wrong” when I select my address from the dropdown. I’ve spoken to BT, talktalk, EE etc on the phone countless times, sometimes for over an hour. They say that their system is not showing a live connection at the address so they cannot sell me a package. I work from home so having to get by with a mobile hotspot at the moment!

Does anybody know a solution to this, or how long systems take to update?

I have checked plusnet, they do give an error message but it lets you proceed with an order anyway, just not for full fibre. Would it be safe for me to do this - I don’t want to commit to paying £25 a month if it won’t work when I plug the router in. I’ve had mixed messages around whether or not I’m limited to BT for the first 12 months as it is a new build. 

Any help would be massively appreciated!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: New build flat - can’t buy broadband package

There can be any number of issues with new builds. Is it a ground up new build or a conversion?

Does your address show 100% correctly on the Royal Mail database?

If so, does the exact same address appear for selection from the availability checker?

If so, are there any other variations listed?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

It’s a completely new building and all addresses match perfectly with Royal Mail - Royal Mail website also matches perfectly with the official address set by the council. I’ve had this confirmed

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

can you enter your address and post results including all the notes  https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Do you currently have an open order with BT ?, your post suggests that it’s not particularly BT that you want to use , if it is BT you could try speaking to BT rather than using on line ,  although I appreciate you should not have to do this , it’s not particular to BT , so hardly a BT only issue, as you have tried various ISP .

If you enter your address here ,
https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

What does the portion that looks like this show for your address ,

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed with no anticipated issues.

ONT exists with active service. A spare port may be available or a single port ONT may be swappable to a multiport ONT. Network is at capacity so a new ONT cannot be ordered.

It’s possible that if there is a discrepancy with the ONT serial numbers , ( for example the installation tech has crossed the serial numbers of a couple of ONT’s when they were installing multiple ONT’s while the flats were unoccupied, so ONT ‘1’ is recorded as inside flat 2 , instead of being recorded where it exists ( in flat 1 ) then your individual flat could incorrectly be showing a working service that’s actually in a neighbour flat …

0 Ratings