Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
steadweb
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

New build line not installed

I've read lots of stories on here and on other forums regarding new builds, and it seems to be a common issue. My problem is exactly the same, although we live in an area that has fibre enabled and has 2 cabs near by.

At the moment, everytime I call BT regarding an update, I get the default response of "No network in your area, we'll call you in 48 hours with another update".

This really isn't good enough. 6 weeks ago I let BT know I was moving from my flat to the new build, plenty of time to organise this. Why is this taking so long? My job depends on me having a stable internet connection.

To top this off, I've had my original account closed and a new account has been setup because I requested a new line by placing an order, which BT advised me to do. So I'm now locked in for another 12/24 months (new contract).

Any help appreciated at this point to get BT and Openreach working together to get this problem solved. I'm not the only one in my road awaiting connection, there are 7 other houses and another 7 on the way next year.

Luke.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: New build line not installed

Openreach are a separate company, and work with most Service Providers including BT Retail.

Often the problem is down to the builders not contacting Openreach when the groundwork was first started, to ensure that ducts were in place.

Unless you have a cable provider, there is nothing you can do. You could ask the builders whether the ducts are in place, and whether they are dealing with Openreach.

You could be in for a very long wait, so mobile broadband may your best option for now.

Openreach may be waiting until all the houses are built, before installing the infrastructure.

0 Ratings
steadweb
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Thanks Keith.

I moved in 4 weeks ago and the ducts are in place, the builder has already confirmed this. The standard reply we get from BT is "No network in your area" which sounds like a standard response.

0 Ratings
steadweb
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Update: Received a phone call from BT, told me no network within the area, will be updated on the 29th. Filled in the "new forms" form on the openreach website as well. Once I've heard back I'll post all responses within this thread. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Openreach are probably waiting for enough orders to come in from Service Providers before they start providing the connections. That is where they make their money.

0 Ratings
steadweb
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

What's a reasonable amount of orders for that road for openreach to start providing connections? 2 other houses in my road have been waiting atleast 2 months for line installations.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

That is only a question that Openreach can answer Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
steadweb
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

😄 Thanks Keith. I'll keep this thread updated either way.

0 Ratings
steadweb
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Update: Response from Openreach below. I've asked whether the work required is actually being carried out. Will post an update when I receive one.

Hello Luke,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. 

I'm sorry for the delay in responding to your enquiry.

We've looked into the provision of service to your new property and we can't provide a completion date for the work currently.  We are working with our Planning Team in order to get a date for you and we'll be back in touch as soon as we can provide a further update.

If you've any other concerns other than the provision of service to your new property, then if you could raise those with your Communications Provider directly.

Thanks,

Openreach Newsite Development Queries Team

0 Ratings