Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marpate1
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

New build

Go to solution

Hi,

I'm finding all of this pretty frustrating. So, I have moved to a new build and want to order broadband. BT tell me that they can only estimate a supply date unless I place an order at which point they will confirm it. But, I don't see why I should commit to an order should they not be able to provide services in a suitable timeframe.

Surely I should be told the details before accepting any sort of contract?

Rant over.

Mark

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: New build

Go to solution
the same applies with all providers Openreach will not install a line until an order is placed with a service provider
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

The reason that BT can only estimate the supply date is because they don't know until Openreach tell them when they can do the work.

Once you have placed the order, BT can then place an order with Openreach and Openreach will give BT a supply/connection date which will then be given to you.

If you are not happy with that you can ask for another date or cancel your order if it is within 14 days of ordering.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49679/~/how-to-cancel-within-14-days

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Openreach, who provide the connection, will not do anything unless they have an order from a Service Provider like BT Retail, Sky, Talk Talk etc.

Is the new build supplies by direct fibre (FTTP) are normal copper? The developer should be able to tell you that, as they shouldbe  liaising with Openreach to provide ducting.?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
marpate1
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks everyone. I forgot how complex things were for BT these days. I will place the order as suggested.

There is twisted pair outside of the house, so hopefully the cabling is already in place and may not take so long as VM which has yet to lay the fibres.

Thanks again,

Mark

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

In that case, there should be very little delay. There may even be some internal wiring that has been installed by the builders, so it just needs Openreach to put the connection through.