cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 17

New connection for self build home

I am at my wits end! Since Nov 9th I have been trying to get Opwn Reach to connect a phone line to my new build property. I have contacted them again and again to be told I will hear back on certain dates and nothing! I had a call saying I will be contacted on 15 th January and again nothing! Ducting is in and all that needs doing is connection from my property to the exchange box. I’ve even had a letter advising me to complain to the ombudsman with my “complaint “ which I am going to do. I’ve got a string of text messages saying they are looking into this but nothing gets done. Please, if any one can help I will be so grateful.
0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: New connection for self build home

unfortunately there is no contact from here to openreach to get your conenction sorted

you can try if you have not done so

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/contactus/newhomes/newhomes.do

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 17

@angiesmith

Which Service Provider have you placed your order with?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 17

BT! I’ve paid £70 , an engineer came out in November but he thought he was connecting a phone line in the house. I had already explained that the connection needed to be run from exchange to property so he had a wasted appointment. Been trying ever since to get open reach to sort it out.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 17

@angiesmith wrote:
BT! I’ve paid £70 , an engineer came out in November but he thought he was connecting a phone line in the house. I had already explained that the connection needed to be run from exchange to property so he had a wasted appointment. Been trying ever since to get open reach to sort it out.

Then its BT  Retail you should be chasing, not Openreach. Openreach are unlikely to budge much, unless a Service Provider chases them up. You have paid your money to BT Retail, and you are their customer. BT Retail are Openreach`s customer.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Hi @angiesmith

Sorry you've had so many problems getting this line connected. I've sent you a private message with information we need to investigate this for you.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 17

Thank you,
I’ve been in contact with Bt Retail but as yet nothing! I’ve had at least 10 text messages saying I will be contacted by a certain date but nothing ever happens. I’m going to go to ombudsman.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 8 of 17

Thank you,
I’ve been in contact with Bt Retail but as yet nothing! I’ve had at least 10 text messages saying I will be contacted by a certain date but nothing ever happens. I’m going to go to ombudsman.this was the latest message. No call , nothing!

Hello, BT here. We are continuing to work with the engineers to get your services connected. Our team will next be in contact on 15th Jan by 8pm with an update. I apologise for any inconvenience and would like to thank you for your patience regarding this matter. If you have any urgent questions in the meantime, please call on 0800 800 150. Thank you for choosing BT Please don't reply to this text - we won't see it. Thanks.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 17

@angiesmith

Please see message here https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

and provide the information requested.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 10 of 17

Sorry, I can’t access private message? Can only see first couple of lines?
0 Ratings