cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 17

Re: New connection for self build home

Hi @angiesmith,

I've sent you a new Private Message. I've changed the subject of the private message so you know where to click to open it Smiley Happy

Let me know how you get on

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 17

Is it the case that this new build has been built on the plot of an existing property , but address used on the order was for the original property on the plot , even though the service isn't intended to go into the 'old' property but the 'new' property ?
If this is the case , has the new build been given its own address registered with the Post Office , and does that 'new' address appear on the system to order service ?
Usually ( on larger developments ) the builder/developer will be in touch with Openreach to install 'network' to the new builds as they are being built, but on single units , or self builds, or very small developments, the first anyone in Openreach knows about the property(s) is when a order is attempted with a service provider ( like BT, but the same would apply if it were Sky or Talk Talk etc), if the wrong address was used then it's not unexpected that the order will fail when the engineer turns up but cannot do anything.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 13 of 17

No, address is registered and was ordered to the correct address. I need the address put on open reach data base as it’s showing as a “silver” address. Thought the easiest thing to do was to get Bt / Open Reach to connect and it would then automatically be put on database. Such a nightmare! As I’ve said before all ducting is in, all I need is connection to box about 100 yards from property. I give up !
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 17

@angiesmith

See what the moderators suggest, as you have a current order with BT Retail. If you have sent them the infomation, you should hear from them soon.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 15 of 17

I hear from them , and they give me dates when work is to be completed, then nothing, until the next text with yet another date then nothing again.
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 17

@angiesmith

He means the team here at BT Community.  Once you send the details, a moderator looks into it, and usually takes charge of your case 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 17

@CJT80 wrote:

@angiesmith

He means the team here at BT Community.  Once you send the details, a moderator looks into it, and usually always takes charge of your case