Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pete31
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

New contract - Missing confirmation email

Go to solution

My existing contract was expiring so I decided to renew.

The summary page at the end said this:

Thank you for your order. We've sent an email confirming your order to the registered email address xxxx. Please print a copy of this page for your records.

However, the xxxx is my BTID which is not an email address. Would this explain why I've not received any confirmation email from BT? Is there any way I can get an email summary of my order?

Luckily I took a screen print of the page, so have that for reference, but I'd like to think that BT was in email contact with me about such a significant matter.

BTW, I checked my spam folders, all empty.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: New contract - Missing confirmation email

Go to solution

did you look in MYBT as orders are shown there

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
JohnC2
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi Pete31, sorry you didn't get email confirmation of your order. You can call in and request a copy to be sent again to a valid email address.

BTID log in names should be an email address please check This out and see how you can change your login name to an email address and then this won't happen in future.

cheers

John

Pete31
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you both for your kind replies. I can indeed see the order in MYBT, though that is a concise view which doesn't show all the details.

I think I'll just put this down to experience. It is I think a glitch in the system which affects those of us who have been with BT for a long time, and have a slightly different set-up compared with new customers.  I'll probably change my btid to an email soon.

Or maybe not - I can't seem to change my settings without entering a date of birth. That's why I did not change it previously.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings