cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrickSmith
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

New contract agreemant not what was originally agreed

So i signed up for a new contract in early January as my old contract was about to expire. Part of that deal that was spoken about was to carry on with my current TV package that included BT sports HD.

Also i was offered to upgrade to fibre 100 which i didn't need but it was only an additional 2 pounds so thought why not if nothing else was changing.

What i didn't know was that because the engineer could not come for another 3 months (today) i have had to pay an extra 12-15 pounds a month in that time period as my old contract had expired and the new one only started today.

So now today comes and i no longer have BT sports HD i ring up and apparently it is no longer part of my package even though i pretty sure that was specifically discussed about and i would have to pay an extra 5 pounds to get it added.

I find it ridiculous that we still have to pay extra for HD channels in 2021 but i know it was discussed when i agreed to a new contract but i don' t think there is anything i can do.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: New contract agreemant not what was originally agreed

Paying for the upgrade to HD is no different TO SKY so not unusual

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
BrickSmith
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

1) You don't pay extra for sky sports HD anymore i have it on another TV

2) i already had BT sports HD on my old package and during discussions i specifically said that i don't want to change my TV package hence i still have BT sports just not the HD channels anymore.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

You do have to pay for HD on sky channels although you may be able to negotiate a reduced cost having just renegotiated my sky contract in last 2 weeks

If you think your new contract is not what you agreed then check the email confirmation and also MYBT and then phone options team 0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
BrickSmith
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

If you say so but that is secondary to the point that i was led to believe that my TV package would remain how it was before only to find out that it is not the case.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 6 of 7

@BrickSmithwrote:

If you say so but that is secondary to the point that i was led to believe that my TV package would remain how it was before only to find out that it is not the case.

What's on the order confirmation ? it will list all the changes that were part of the order journey.

0 Ratings
BrickSmith
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

The original confirmation email said BT sports and as we had spoken about leaving the TV as is i had no reason to think that didn't include the HD channels as i already had them.

0 Ratings