cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

New contract

Go to solution

My contract due for renewal I tried contacting BT  via chat but it cut off and can't find chat again.

I do not want any new internal cables   I wish to keep with adsl.  

Can anyone here advise if I can get a new contract keeping existing set up.  

Thanks 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: New contract

Go to solution

What does it say for your address/line when following https://landlinesgo.digital/checkmyline/

Post the results here's but excluded your address or phone line number 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

It says service not currently available 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@Keithrg1976 

Do you get any results for the address rather than using the phone number? https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

Can you also post the full table please

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

@Keithrg1976 

If you could post the full results that would great thanks.

I only ask so we can help identify if you're in a copper stop sell area ( i.e Full fibre or FTTP only area) or if Fibre to the cabinet is available.

If Fibre to the cabinet is available then your existing copper line is reused from the cabinet to your property and you'll be able to reuse your existing copper line and internal wiring.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
If BT is offering a move from ADSL to VDSL (fibre to the cabinet) then this won't require ANY new internal cables. You'll continue to connect your router to the phone socket with the same cable you're using now. Your broadband connection will just be significantly faster
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

I'm a little  lost with terminology   

We have fibre to house external then copper from there.  They are only offering  Full Fibre on new contract ie wiping out my copper in lines in house.  From what i understand.But I want my copper lines to continue.  Due to home alarm and best router location.  

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hopefully   it's All very confusing  and bT not being very informative.  My friend being cut of completely in another town.  But he has wires in conduit so can be altered easily   unfortunately  I didn't  think of this  when built hone and cable is stappled 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

You do not have ADSL, you have VDSL, which is confusing the issue, as you posted on the ADSL board instead of the fibre board.

Your alarm will have to work over Digital Voice when you renew. You do not have to renew.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Keep stum and don't contact anyone by any means. Any renewal of contract will entail loss of ADSL which you'll lose eventually by end of 2025 if not sooner. My contract ran out in March and so just ignored it and now continue on a rolling monthly contract with my ADSL BB and 700 mins of call package. Of course it is more expensive, slightly, this way but like yourself I'll stay below their radar until such time that I am forced to upgrade to FTTP or FTTC and go Digital Voice as well. It was difficult to say how much dearer it was per month as prices rose by 8 or 9% in March but that does not concern me.

Any attempt to renew you contract will automatically upgrade you to either FTTC /FTTP whatever is available at your address and you will then have to go Digital Voice that is assuming you want a package including a phone connection.