I have been a customer since I have gone active with my broadband 27th Sep. Anything that can be broken or bad, is broken and bad. Let's make a list in order....
1. From the start, my "myBT" account was broken. I could not log in to check, change or monitor anything. I have free BT sport's with my mobile provider. It also meant I couldn't log into that account either.
2. The sign up bonus for joining, £90 was not sent out. I had to go through chat and help for 3 hours for them to manually send me it out. ( Thus far, the only thing they have fixed from this list)
3. BT ordered my my Broadband extenders. They have been sent (they say) 3 times. Two weeks later... Still waiting.
4. By broadband drops out 1-4 times per day. Doesn't sound much. But when working from home and it takes 15mins minimum to get it back... Impossible to work.
5. I was sold on fibre 2. I asked for the fastest possible connection I could get. The sign up stayed 63-73 expected speeds and 57 being by safe speed.... When it works, I get 37.
6. Contacted customer service to rectify ... All of this. I'm just fobbed off and told "it will settle itself out after a couple if weeks" ....multiple times. Given my cool off period is a couple of weeks.... This a scam to lock me in?
7. Finally on Sunday I get to a manager on chat. His fix was to completely delete all my "myBT" accounts so I could finally access the website. It deleted my BT sport's account. I'm now told by customer help chat, it's up to my phone provider to fix. My phone provider says it's a BT Sport's account, we don't have access to BT. This I no longer have my BT sport's account to watch... BT sport's.
8. I finally give up. I phone cancellations to get rid of the worst customer service and broadband I've ever used. Cancellations tell me that as I have a delivery on its way (the missing broadband extenders) I'm unable to cancel. Taking me over my cool off period.
9. By deleting the web accounts I finally have access to see my account. I go to track my faults... No faults reported? Of course I have 2 complaints on there... Both closed, no follow up.
9. The customer care chat that's open until 11pm, is shut at 10:25pm today. Early knock off?
10. I'm now using my phone to write this post. Of course, I have no broadband working. No BT sport's working. No customer service working, no deliveries, no faults and no complaints.
Soooooooo..... Where do we go from here? Is this how BT work? Is this the lofty standards I signed up for? Will they ever let me leave this nightmare and go to a company that actually provides a service... You decide
Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry so many thing have gone wrong when you moved over to BT.
To help us get a better understanding of what's going on with your Broadband connection, please could you post your router stats.
If you are using the BT Smart hub you can get your connection stats by, Opening a new web browser on your connected device and type 192.168.1.254 or bthomehub.home into the address bar. This will open the Hub Manager. Click ‘Advanced Settings’ and then ‘Technical log’.
With regards to everything else that gone wrong, I'd like to take a look at this for you.
I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team. You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages
I replied to the pm with the details you requested.
trying to speak to more customer care, I need this fixed. Seems the customer service “auto bot” texts you fir help. Of course I have to pay for replies by text… be silly to expect just a person to talk to. Won’t even talk to me as it needs a landline number for it to trace… I have no landline.
does anything, absolutely anything at all work at BT? What the hell is going on with what was once the gold standard of telecommunications? Even the BT scam emails and Texts bother to respond… real BT? Nothing… nothing at all.
how I’m forced to join a forum for assistance just shows how far this place has fallen.
Thank you for taking the time to chat with me this evening.
As discussed during our call, my colleague Kirsty in our executive resolutions team is now personally managing your complaint. I have recorded your contact from here on to the complaint too.
I'll go ahead and close off from my side however you're more than welcome to keep the thread updated on the progress of your complaint if you so wish.
All the best,