cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iniltous
Guru
Message 11 of 14

Re: New flat not coming up

If the image posted from the wholesale checker is for your address , it clearly shows upto 80Mb FTTC is available , so it’s unclear why you couldn’t place an order .

The address doesn’t show FTTP , so unless the issue has been clouded by asking for ‘full fibre’ ( which isn’t available at that address ) , then service is available and predicted to deliver towards the maximum speed FTTC can offer, perhaps you need to call again, or simply use the on line ordering portal 

0 Ratings
cpetu
Beginner
Message 12 of 14

Thanks once again Keith. I just spoke with a BT online agent and he said I need to start with the slow speed then I can ask for an upgrade shortly after. 

He assured me an engineer will come around to setup this up in 3 weeks.

I will keep you posted here.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 14

@cpetu wrote:

Thanks once again Keith. I just spoke with a BT online agent and he said I need to start with the slow speed then I can ask for an upgrade shortly after. 

He assured me an engineer will come around to setup this up in 3 weeks.

I will keep you posted here.

That makes sense, as an initial routing has to be created first, with an associated phone number. Its easy to upgrade once your initial connection is working, provided there is space capacity in the cabinet you are connected to.

The initial provision of broadband should not take too long, usually within 10 days, provided Openreach are not too busy. A visit is only needed if there is no socket installed, or the phone does not work after activation.

0 Ratings
cpetu
Beginner
Message 14 of 14

Yeah... I hope the upgrade is possible. I was told it would take up to 3 weeks before an engineer can come around. I will be waiting.

Thanks for all your response Keith.

0 Ratings