cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darrenj2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

New to BT

After many, many years of being with Talktalk (about 15) I have decided enough is enough and have decided to come back to BT, the main reason being that they are the only supplier that will provide me with Fibre.

I won't bore you with the in's and outs of everything but basically to ge fibre to my house involves quite a bit of work for openreach, new poles, tree cutting etc.  After requesting fibre in January I have now been given a date of the 20th of April for completion, which is fine.

In the mean time Bt have taken over my phone line and provided me with copper BB until the fibre is ready, the only issue I am having is that in my account I cannot set up any email addresses, all it says is ' BT Email will be available within 24 hours after you first use your broadband. Please try logging in again later'. It has been well over 24hrs, I do wonder whether as this is a temporary copper BB someone has not attached to account or something like that, I have contacted BT on numerous occasions by phone but it really isn't getting sorted.

If there are any modorators that can help or if someone has had a similar issue I would be grateful for anything that point me in the right direction.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: New to BT

Hi @Darrenj2 and welcome.

Do you have a broadband offer or promotion on your account? Are you being billed for it? Can you give us as much information as possible and we'll try to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Darrenj2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi David

Thank you for your response.

As I said I have ordered a fibre package which is due to me on the 20th April, in the meantime Bt have given me copper BB which I paying 6.25 for, this does not show on my account niether does the fibre package which is why I am wondering whether its been set up on a different acc number which they haven't given me.

My phone shows up on my account,phone bill but nothing else all the other things such as bb stuff are inactive there is also nothing to say what I have with the phone i.e. number display etc and no way of requesting anything.

I dont know how much more I can give you without divulging personal information.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Darrenj2

Thanks for posting back!

We are happy to check this out however we are very busy at this moment in time and it will take us a few days to get back to you.  May I suggest chatting with my colleagues in the Billing Live Chat Team to get your questions answered today?

Let me know how you get on speaking with them.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Darrenj2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Hi Robbie

Thank you for your response.

I have tried the live chat and to be honest I have been pushed around quite a bit, they even rang me to pass me on to someone else. I really dont think they understand what I am trying to say, I am happy to wait so long as I know someone is looking into it.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Darrenj2

Thanks for posting back!

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.  When we pick this up we will sort everything out.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Darrenj2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Hi Robiie

Completed form and sent it back to you.

Thank you.

0 Ratings