Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xninian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

New version of bt website

Go to solution

I have existing BT id (not an email address) and login used for several years. Now on trying to access My BT login as usual and get taken to webpage asking for email address, enter my email address twice as requested, enter password  and get on screen message that this email address is already registered and cannot be used.  BT already has my email address and has sent many emails to this address, but I cannot get beyond this stage.  Tried to phone to clarify what is going on but could not get any understanding of what is going on or even begin to understanding the logic of what I was being told.  Clarification of what is happening would be very much appreciated and a solution or way round this problem.  All I want is to access and manage all my BT options online and not be locked out  

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: New version of bt website

Go to solution

@xninianwrote:

I have existing BT id (not an email address) and login used for several years. Now on trying to access My BT login as usual and get taken to webpage asking for email address, enter my email address twice as requested, enter password  and get on screen message that this email address is already registered and cannot be used.  BT already has my email address and has sent many emails to this address, but I cannot get beyond this stage.  Tried to phone to clarify what is going on but could not get any understanding of what is going on or even begin to understanding the logic of what I was being told.  Clarification of what is happening would be very much appreciated and a solution or way round this problem.  All I want is to access and manage all my BT options online and not be locked out  

Have you tried a different browser?

What happens when you access here :-

https://www.bt.com/btmail/emailmanagement?view=email

Can you say what you're actually trying to achieve? Is it to do with email, or simply your BT options like phone/broadband package etc?

Highlighted
xninian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Andy N

Many thanks for quick response.  Followed the link you gave me and eventually managed to get everything set up so it works but the process was not as straightforward as it should have been.  I have had to use my @btinternet.com  email address which I was reluctant to do as since I stopped BTVision I have not really used it although my wife uses hers.  I would have preferred to use my usual address but as i said in my post this was not accepted, and I really cannot see why as it is a secure address with lots of security and it is not recorded anywhere on my profile..  Just have to try to set up auto forwarding from the bt account.  Anyway very many thanks for your help.  The object of this exercise was just so I could manage all the optionsto the bt account.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@xninianwrote:

Andy N

Many thanks for quick response.  Followed the link you gave me and eventually managed to get everything set up so it works but the process was not as straightforward as it should have been.  I have had to use my @btinternet.com  email address which I was reluctant to do as since I stopped BTVision I have not really used it although my wife uses hers.  I would have preferred to use my usual address but as i said in my post this was not accepted, and I really cannot see why as it is a secure address with lots of security and it is not recorded anywhere on my profile..  Just have to try to set up auto forwarding from the bt account.  Anyway very many thanks for your help.  The object of this exercise was just so I could manage all the optionsto the bt account.

If your email account is with BTYahoo, then forwarding is not available. However you can usually "fetch" the emails from a different service.

0 Ratings