cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gspearson
Expert
Message 1 of 4

Next Contract: Infinity 1 or 2?

I'm coming to the end of a 2 year contract on Infinity 2.  I took that because it was as cheap as Inf1 but was unlimited.  I get it at a "special price" with £8 month reduction.  My top download speed is just under 65Mbs  (up load always 20Mbs) - and after a saga last year this seems to be the max as, despite having the cabinet almost outside the house, there is "aluminium" cable.

So my very reliable speed is a bit above what Inf 1 provides and a fair bit below what the cabinet (80Mbs) and Inf2 say I could get.

Our new 4K TV works well although by the time the signal reaches the set speeds are down to 20Mbs. We don't watch sport films or children's stuff.  Total download each month is 60-70 Gb.

When/if I renew in June should I go for Inf 1 (at some significant "special reduction") or Inf 2?  Or by then will there be only Infinity?

Geoff

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Next Contract: Infinity 1 or 2?

you need to phone options team nearer the time and see what you get offered but you may find the difference in cost from infinity 2 to 1 is not much  phone 0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 3 of 4

@imjolly that was my feeling. I'm rather expecting 1 and 2 to merge.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

don't think so they are still selling both at present

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings