cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
happyman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Nightmare getting swapped over to BT Basic

We are having a nightmare getting my grandmother's phone line changed over to BT Basic despite requesting an application form several times nothing ever materialises.

I have spoken to BT online since and they supplied a link to download the application form, but it isn't a form just a brochure saying to phone again to request a form.

As we are going in circles what can be done? - My grandmother isn't very good on the phone, and I assist her with her account (as she needs help), so I need to call when she is with me (which isn't possible now with the Coronavirus situation).

What can we do? - She is paying around 4 times what she should be paying and I don't know where else to turn.

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
happyman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: Nightmare getting swapped over to BT Basic

I've just had a PM from Neil0 asking for some details but when I try and reply I get the following message:

"Please correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• The user NeilO does not have Private Messages enabled. Note: The invalid login names have been removed from the "Send To" list."

Please help!! - The nightmare continues....

Kind Regards

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 3 of 8

Hi @happyman,

Sorry about that. Can you try sending the details over to me?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
happyman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Hi,

I've been dealing with this via PM with JohnC2.

His last message to me stated "please just drop me a message back and I'll be happy to help you further".

I've just tried but now getting an error message:

"The user JohnC2 does not have Private Messages enabled".

Does JohnC2 no longer work for you? - Please advise.

Thanks

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

how old is JohnC message?  it may be he is off just now but one of other mods normally pick up cases

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 8

Hi @happyman, John is off at the moment and has his messages disabled. I've sent you a private message so you can get in touch with the Moderation team.

0 Ratings
happyman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Thanks to DavidM for letting me know of the delay.  I tried to reply back but I yet again get a message saying that PM's can not be delivered - I don't know if there is a general issue, as I keep experiencing this with different moderators.

I've now just had an e-mail from BT stating - "We're sorry you've had to get in touch about a complaint.". 

I don't want to post the reference number on here, but it ends in 3325.

I presume this is related to this? - Either way, as before, please can you ensure that no telephone calls take place with regards to this as it will only upset and confuse my grandmother.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 8 of 8

Hi @happyman ,

Thanks for posting. The complaint ref you received was in connection with our discussion. It's just standard practice. If there are any issues with the order please get in touch and I'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings