cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LDNW10
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Nightmare placing orders (broadband, anytime calls, mobile family SIMs)

Wow, what an introduction to BT!

For years I've suffered the absolutely hopeless Orange and now EE websites and I thought things couldn’t get any worse but "hello BT”. This week I moved my landline from Virgin to BT in preparation for switching broadband suppliers and to retain the same telephone number.

As soon as the number was live and confirmed working I logged into the MyBT to order broadband and mobile family SIMs however which every way I tried I could not order anything and the online system came up with the same error message "Sorry, We've had a technical hitch..."

After two lengthy telephone conversations passing through something like 10 people and taking three days I finally managed to place an order for broadband but only with guidance from Easy Assist and not using the MyBT route. At that point I thought all was good and ordered my first pair of mobile phone SIMs.

So where am I now... well back to square one where I can't order anything again... "Sorry, We've had a technical hitch..."

This is incredibly frustrating as I keep on missing voucher offers and have personal deadlines to get things in order.

BT, this is not a good start and I still need to order 3 more SIMs which will undoubtably require another hour long phone call. A very unhappy customer who's already very concerned about his choice of supplier.

Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 08.04.02.png

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Nightmare placing orders (broadband, anytime calls, mobile family SIMs)

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi @LDNW10,

Welcome to the community forum. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you have had with your orders. I'll be able to help you with this. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
LDNW10
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Hi Keith,

Thanks, I think I'm almost sorted after a couple more phone calls... although slightly unconvinced about one element which I will deal with.

The main problem appears to be that the BT system cannot handle or is not happy dealing with multiple orders relating to telephone and broadband at the same time, its not a shopping basket. Mobile orders are separate but the system still has issues when you try to order multiple packages.

A bit frustrating but I will get there in the end.

0 Ratings
LDNW10
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Big tip for anyone ordering - add dates to your calendar for claiming vouchers and ordering family SIMs after broadband activation to get the maximum discounts.
0 Ratings
LDNW10
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Update - It seems impossible to order more than one type of family SIM online at a time and looks like you have to wait for the first order to complete before being able to make a second order. BT really need to adopt a shopping basket model to help customers.

0 Ratings