cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

No Amazon Voucher - 5 months later (Ombudsmen Info?)

Hi,

Can anyone provide me with some information on how I can get my Amazon Voucher, which was offered as an incentive when taking out a SIM only package in October 2017.

My Sim was activated on the 31st of October last year and the voucher was meant to take 45 days!  To date (28th March 2018) I still have not received any notification from BT or the voucher itself (5 MONTH LATER).  I seriously think that these "incentives" are purely used as a selling tool and judging by some previous posts, I am not the only one having issues.

I have also spoken to 5 different BT representatives on 4 different occasions, all of whom promised to resolve the issue immediately...again, nothing !! 

The last representative from BT promised "I have now ordered the voucher manually for you, so there is no need for you to try and claim it again. It can take up to 30 days to arrive but I have marked it as priority 1 so it could arrive sooner"...this was on the  07th of February.

Can somebody please advise me how I can escalate this further, because BT should not get away with false incentives and the worst customer service I have ever encountered.

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Message 2 of 8

Re: No Amazon Voucher - 5 months later (Ombudsmen Info?)

Hi @Southfields

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the time it's taking for you to receive the Amazon voucher you signed up for as part of your package.  I agree that 5 months is a long time to be waiting and I appreciate the time and the amount of people you have spoken to up to this point.

We'll be happy to pick this up and help you out from here.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Robbie,

Can you provide me with an update?  I have given up all attempts now to rectify this problem through the correct BT channels and would welcome a response, otheriwse I have no option than to contact the Ombudsmen and look for compensation in view of my numerous attempts to get this rectified.

We are now coming into the sixth month I have been waiting for the voucher which was promised to me as part of the package incentive I took out in October 2017!  

Completely unacceptable.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 8

@Southfields

Robbie or one of the other Mod's will get back to you as soon as they get your details.  There will be a queue and with it being the Bank Holiday it make take longer than usual to answer those enquiries. 

The team are great, and I have been helped by them before.  A little patience (now) and I am sure they will get it sorted for you. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Highlighted
Message 5 of 8

Hi @Southfields,

You are up near the top of our queue now. Thank you for your patience.

As soon as we pick it up we'll be in touch.

Also, thanks @CJT80 Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

Highlighted
Message 6 of 8

Hi @Southfields Sorry that you still have not received your Amazon voucher. I''ve picked up your case and emailed the voucher team to check on this urgently. I will update you as soon as I hear back from them.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Thank you John, hope to hear something soon.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 8

Hi @Southfields Thanks for taking my call earlier and sorry the voucher has still not arrived. As discussed on the call the voucher team are now arranging a replacement to be sent via recorded delivery to ensure it gets to you this time. You should receive this within the next 30 days.  Please post back and let us know if you have received or not.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings