Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrapriliafalco
Contributor
Message 1 of 67

No Eurosport on new Packages !!!

Go to solution

Honestly shocked, was about to cancel Sky completely but been told no Eurosport on any package !!!! 
Crazy. 
Anyone mad on bikes wont join BT, which is crazy seen as got Moto GP 

0 Ratings
66 REPLIES 66
nostra999
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 67

Re: No Eurosport on new Packages !!!

Go to solution

Yes it’s a pain - I think there was some discussion that Eurosport are trying to go on their own subscription model to make more money. If it’s helpful you can subscribe to it through amazon prime tv and watch it in the app on BT TV - you just won’t get the recording functionality.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 67

Go to solution

Hi @mrapriliafalco 

That's not entirely true. The Now TV packages do not carry Eurosport as Eurosport is not available on Now TV. You can however, subscribe to the Classic Entertainment https://www.bt.com/packages/classic/  for £10 a month. It's a fixed 24 month contract and I'm fairly certain that it's available in SD only.

I would think that from BT's point of view, the availability of Sky Channels and the ability to record them will be a far greater draw for customers, outweighing any potential loss from Eurosport.

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 67

Go to solution

BT Sport and Eurosport both carry MotoGP. BT Sport are the primary UK broadcasters while Eurosport have a pan European deal to cover the countries where there is no "host" broadcaster

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 67

Go to solution

If push comes to shove you can subscribe to Eurosport Player and cast it your TV from your phone or tablet. It lets you chase-play by up to three hours which somewhat ameliorates the lack of recordability. Or, as far as superbike coverage goes there a several extended highlights shown during the following week.

Eurosport in the UK does *not* show MotoGP as that is exclusive to BT Sport.  But you can subscribe to Dorna's own online service to watch live or on (spoiler free) catch up.  Dorna are currently making available free to watch selections of races down the years from their archive to watch and also there is a two documentary of MotoGP from the days of Geoff Duke to the current day which is well worth a watch.

Personally I am sitting tight on my classic package until the current situation is eased and we have bike racing back again or until my current BT TV/Sport sub expires and I am forced to make a hard decision.

Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 67

Go to solution

@Andy005wrote:

Hi @mrapriliafalco 

That's not entirely true. The Now TV packages do not carry Eurosport as Eurosport is not available on Now TV. You can however, subscribe to the Classic Entertainment https://www.bt.com/packages/classic/  for £10 a month. It's a fixed 24 month contract and I'm fairly certain that it's available in SD only.

I would think that from BT's point of view, the availability of Sky Channels and the ability to record them will be a far greater draw for customers, outweighing any potential loss from Eurosport.

Being on one of the legacy packages myself, I'd be interested to know if Eurosport is available with the HD bolt on with the new Classic Entertainment pack. The HD channels are on the EPG, seems odd not to allow them to be viewed this way. Can anyone with the Classic Entertainment pack confirm this?

0 Ratings
mrapriliafalco
Contributor
Message 7 of 67

Go to solution

There are no Eurosport Channels on the Entertainment package 

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 67

Go to solution

@mrapriliafalco the entertainment pack is one of the new NowTV based packs. 

0 Ratings
mrapriliafalco
Contributor
Message 9 of 67

Go to solution

I foolishly swapped over when called to try and pause sports while no live sport !!!!! extremely dissapointed in loss of channels 

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 67

Go to solution

@mrapriliafalco you should have looked into the available channels before changing in that case. Most of us that were on a legacy pack spent a while weighing up the pro's and cons before making a decision