Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrapriliafalco
Contributor
Message 21 of 69

Re: No Eurosport on new Packages !!!

Go to solution

Yes mate and BSB,so all bikes fans that moto GP draws in desperately need Eurosport. 
Dont understand the logic 

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 22 of 69

Go to solution

@mrapriliafalcowrote:

Yes mate and BSB,so all bikes fans that moto GP draws in desperately need Eurosport. 
Dont understand the logic 

BT will expect to see increased subscriber numbers/revenue due to the addition of Now TV, especially with the ability to record. The loss of Eurosport will probably be negligible in the scheme of things, it's not BT choosing to drop Eurosport as channels but simply that it's not available to them via Now TV.

0 Ratings
ney
Recognised Expert
Message 23 of 69

Go to solution

Only a very small amount of people it would seem looked at the packages to see what channels was on offer before changing.

As I have said before I can see though time that BT may stop offering the Classic Entertainment pack to new BT TV customers. As they seem to be pushing the new Now TV packages.

I was on the old Entertainment Max HD package before changing to the Now TV Big Entertainment pack with HD add on back at the end of February and for a short while I did miss Eurosport as well as W and Alibi but have slowly got used to not having the channels.

I dont miss BT Sport much or some other channels that I used to get.

I like how I also can use the Now TV app on another TV in the house and my sister can use the Now TV app at her house using my account.  Also having the Now TV channels on the EPG is an added bonus. 

I still got AMC but I dont watch it much. I also find I now use the BT TV app on my Youview box even less than I used to after changing packages.

I also have Netflix 2 screens plus HD and Amazon Prime but not though BT.

Darren

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 69

Go to solution

@mrapriliafalcowrote:

what I mean is bike fans need need BT sport and Eurosport !!! so moving to BTTV is a non event, BT would have spent a fortune getting moto GP to attract bike fans, then drop eurosport.
May as well stick with sky and add BT sport to their existing sky package 

Well if BT Sport and Eurosport is your goal, avoid the new Now TV packs and subscribe to the Classic Entertainment pack. Simples.

0 Ratings
mrapriliafalco
Contributor
Message 25 of 69

Go to solution

Well I can’t as been swapped over to the new package 

0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 26 of 69

Go to solution
I think we all saw ‘Big Sport’ and thought, yes, we want ‘Big Sport.’ It’s a little strange that it wasn’t offered as and add on.
0 Ratings
AngEvs
Beginner
Message 27 of 69

Go to solution

Just been told that eurosport isn't available on the classic package anymore either even though it's still being advertised.  

0 Ratings
barnpiece
Expert
Message 28 of 69

Go to solution

Eurosport 1 and 2 are still showing on Classic Entertainment package, channels 412 and 413.

Richard

0 Ratings
hannes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 69

Go to solution

Yes, I still have MAX HD which includes Eurosport 1&2 in HD along with BT sport, also in HD and all for £13.

They're not going to let me continue with that are they and I would guess that as soon as my contract ends I'll be offered something at a much higher cost with reduced channels.

I only chose the MAX HD because of Eurosport so if it goes I'll be going with it. The plan would be to dump BT and get a decent broadband with whoever and then take the Eurosport player route.  

I'm basically being kicked out by BT and I certainly don't want to subscribe to a TV package that that basically tops up Freeview with rubbish.

Shame really because I've been a customer since the beginning but if they don't want my money fair enough 

Al

0 Ratings
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 30 of 69

Go to solution

I haven’t seen anywhere that you will have to take the new Now TV packages. The only thing that has been stated on these forums is that any discounts on the old packages would probably not be renewed. So you will pay the full price. The only downside, which no one knows is how long the Classic and legacy packages will run for.

Stew

0 Ratings