Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 31 of 69

Re: No Eurosport on new Packages !!!

Go to solution

Just been through the order process with Sky TV. It seems all of the channels that would be lost in taking out a BT Now TV Package, including Eurosport are available, not much more than the VIP Package.
Something to consider when my Max4K package expire in Dec.

Stew

0 Ratings
timwilks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 69

Go to solution

Wish I had found this thread earlier, just renewed onto the Now package as they told me that Eurosport was moving from BT to Amazon Prime soon, the inference was that it would no longer be available on BT on any package. Now I find I could have stayed on my old package. Mind you I don't suppose they would have reduced my Broadband cost as they clearly don't want to sell the Classic Entertainment. 

0 Ratings
ozsat
Recognised Expert
Message 33 of 69

Go to solution

Eurosport has been available via Amazon for a long time - but costs £6.99pm.

@timwilkswrote:

Wish I had found this thread earlier, just renewed onto the Now package as they told me that Eurosport was moving from BT to Amazon Prime soon, the inference was that it would no longer be available on BT on any package. Now I find I could have stayed on my old package. Mind you I don't suppose they would have reduced my Broadband cost as they clearly don't want to sell the Classic Entertainment. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using BT Hub 6A with BT TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) via 5GHz WiFi.
0 Ratings
timwilks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 69

Go to solution

Perhaps moving was the wrong way of putting it, he said that Eurosport was finishing on BT but was available on Amazon. It didn't click with me it was a subscription service on Prime not part of the included products, had I realised I might have stayed on my old package, I didn't save £6.99 on Broadband. Still have to put it down to slick salesmanship economy with the truth. Perhaps I should use the next 24 months to notify everyone of my my change of email address and kick BT into touch. 

0 Ratings
gomezz
Distinguished Expert
Message 35 of 69

Go to solution
£6.99 through Amazon is very expensive, about twice what a direct subscription to Eurosport Player costs.
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 36 of 69

Go to solution

Hi @timwilks you can change back to your old package if you are within your 14 days cooling off period.

Stew

0 Ratings
mrapriliafalco
Contributor
Message 37 of 69

Go to solution

Im actually livid regarding the sales team !!! Told em the only time I turn on BTTV is for moto GP on BT sport ! 
Was told this is the cheapest way to watch with the new packages ! 
failed to mention I’ve got it free with my mobile contract !!! 
so I’m now in a two year contract fir something I do not need 

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 38 of 69

Go to solution

I was told the same @timwilks that Eurosport was moving to Prime, moving was definitely the word used. I ignored it because I have Prime and knew that Eurosport was already available through Prime, at a premium price.

Unless Amazon are considering different levels of Prime subscription it looks like BT might be trying to 'steer' customers into taking Prime through BT and then hoping they take the Eurosport option as well.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Distinguished Expert
Message 39 of 69

Go to solution
But with only the free app with your mobile contract you are limited to watching on the small mobile screen.
0 Ratings
ney
Recognised Expert
Message 40 of 69

Go to solution

I have Prime Video but not though BT and will keep it that way. As I also a few times a year use Prime delivery. I subscribe to most of Amazon services. Think the only thing I don't have from Amazon is music unlimited . As I have Spotify Premium and I don't have Kindle unlimited as I use Audible.

I had for a short while missed not having Eurosport as well as W and Alibi when I moved to the Now TV Big Entertainment package at the end of Feb but have got used to not having the channels. Plus I happy with the Now TV Big Entertainment package though BT TV.

I know Eurosport is a little dearer per month going though Amazon but dose that include the HD versions of Eurosport.

Darren

0 Ratings