Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ozsat
Recognised Expert
Message 41 of 69

Re: No Eurosport on new Packages !!!

Go to solution

It is HD and also has the extra streams. Amazon Prime version is £6.99 per month - the Eurosport Player version direct from Eurosport is £39.99 per annum.

@neywrote:

I have Prime Video but not though BT and will keep it that way. As I also a few times a year use Prime delivery. I subscribe to most of Amazon services. Think the only thing I don't have from Amazon is music unlimited . As I have Spotify Premium and I don't have Kindle unlimited as I use Audible.

I had for a short while missed not having Eurosport as well as W and Alibi when I moved to the Now TV Big Entertainment package at the end of Feb but have got used to not having the channels. Plus I happy with the Now TV Big Entertainment package though BT TV.

I know Eurosport is a little dearer per month going though Amazon but dose that include the HD versions of Eurosport.

Darren

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using BT Hub 6A with BT TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) via 5GHz WiFi.
hannes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 69

Go to solution

I still have Eurosport 1&2 HD under the MAX HD package where my contact ends in November. I have been told by BT that if I do nothing after my contract ends I'll just carry on with the package that I have.

Of course any discounts that I have will be lost. The MAX HD, which includes all of BT sport and Eurosport costs £24 discounted to £11 pcm which is pretty good.

They have also told me that my BB won't increase so it'll be a £13 increase to carry on into the future. 

Its all smoke and mirrors with BT customer support. No two people seem to get the same information on any topic.  I'll wait and see what happens but £13 is a big increase.

Jumping ship to TalkTalk and subscribing to Eurosport is probably the best option but I'd rather not do that but will if I'm pushed.

0 Ratings
ney
Recognised Expert
Message 43 of 69

Go to solution

Talk Talk may have improved there customer service over the years but at the end of the day, they are not any better than BT.

Also BT offer a far better Youview Box.

Will depend who you get on the phone when you call BT if you dont want any of the Now TV packages as they will try and offer you that. They may try and put you on the Classic Entertainment package. That will mean paying extra for HD and BT Sport will then be extra per month as its not included in the Classic Entertainment pack.

Darren

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 44 of 69

Go to solution

It'll be interesting to see if there's any movement from BT on their Classic Entertainment pack when renewing contracts. I can't see any discounts through the Now TV packs, but maybe there's a little movement with the Classic pack with BT Sport attached.

0 Ratings
rogerdoger
Contributor
Message 45 of 69

Go to solution

My Max HD package came to an end, fortunately before being talked into changing to one of their new packages I already knew I would lose Eurosport as a channel. Before doing anything I took up the free trail period of Amazon prime and the free trail period of Eurosport player, all I can say for Eurosport player is that it is rubbish compared to having a recordable TV channel, there's a bit of catch up but basically you have to watch it live which is useless for BSB and WSB when you are out on a weekend.

The only reason I have BT Sport is for MotoGP , Eurosport and Speedway, when the current racing season ended I thought I'll take a break and start again in April but that meant I'd lose my maxHD legacy package so rather than lose Eurosport as a channel I'm continuing with MaxHD and having to pay £29/month for it, absolutely cannot get a discount out of them.

I don't know what the politics are of BT Sport dropping Eurosport, but obviously bike racing fans feature a lot lower on their priority list, they'd rather spend billions on securing football rights then screw the rest of us to pay for it

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Guru
Message 46 of 69

Go to solution

@rogerdoger  I think the biggest concern is that a lot of the American networks seem to be transitioning from traditional cable or satellite broadcasting to OTT On Demand delivery so they can cut out all 3rd party carrier costs and hopefully pocket more more money. 

Also, due to the power of Sky's new owners, Comcast are tying them into exclusive distribution agreements with Sky. 

0 Ratings
gomezz
Distinguished Expert
Message 47 of 69

Go to solution

@Rogerdodger  I moved package recently and will be taking out a Eurosport Player annual subscription next year when the new superbike seasons start up.

If you have a smartphone or tablet then you can cast Eurosport to your main TV using an inexpensive Chromecast dongle. No recording but the player has a three hour chase-play window (*) and extensive on demand catch up. And works out a helluva lot cheaper than the Amazon Prime bolt on subscription.  A Firestick dongle with its own remote control can also be used if you do not have a smartphone or tablet.

(*) not sure if chase-play is available when casting but an option then is to connect your laptop to the main TV using HDMI and chase-play the browser version.  I tend to watch F1 and MotoGP at the weekend and save the superbike coverage as a midweek treat so don't expect to do much chase-playing anyway.

0 Ratings
ozsat
Recognised Expert
Message 48 of 69

Go to solution

You can usually get a half-price (so £19.99 pa) subscription deal for it.

@gomezzwrote:

@Rogerdodger  I moved package recently and will be taking out a Eurosport Player annual subscription next year when the new superbike seasons start up.

If you have a smartphone or tablet then you can cast Eurosport to your main TV using an inexpensive Chromecast dongle. No recording but the player has a three hour chase-play window (*) and extensive on demand catch up. And works out a helluva lot cheaper than the Amazon Prime bolt on subscription.  A Firestick dongle with its own remote control can also be used if you do not have a smartphone or tablet.

(*) not sure if chase-play is available when casting but an option then is to connect your laptop to the main TV using HDMI and chase-play the browser version.  I tend to watch F1 and MotoGP at the weekend and save the superbike coverage as a midweek treat so don't expect to do much chase-playing anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using BT Hub 6A with BT TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) via 5GHz WiFi.
0 Ratings
rogerdoger
Contributor
Message 49 of 69

Go to solution
Tried very hard to get a deal but they aren't playing, they know they have Max HD customers who don't want to lose Eurosport as a channel by the short and curlys.
0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 50 of 69

Go to solution

I took out a subscription to the Eurosport app a few weeks ago @gomezz , my Samsung TV has Apple Airplay so my phone casts straight to the TV without having to plug anything else in. 

The picture quality is very good as is the stability of the app. At £19.99 for the first year it's exceptional value, even at full price it's worth every penny.

0 Ratings