Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheXentertainer
Beginner
Message 51 of 69

Re: No Eurosport on new Packages !!!

Go to solution

Can the £10 per month 4 month subscription be added in conjunction with the Now TV Entertainment Bolt-On package? 

Just seems easier and less expensive than going via Amazon Prime.

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Guru
Message 52 of 69

Go to solution

@TheXentertainer  Discovery Networks have announced that Eurosport Player will be getting phased out soon and all Eurosport content will be moving to Discovery+. Whether that means you'll need a Discovery+ sub and Eurosport sub they haven't said but the move will be happening in time for the Olympics in most territories. 

Discovery Networks are just another American broadcaster that seem to be ditching traditional broadcast methods... 

0 Ratings
gomezz
Distinguished Expert
Message 53 of 69

Go to solution
I just taken out an annual sub for Eurosport Player and hope they honour that whether by allowing it to be usable as is or converted to a Discovery+ sub at no extra charge until its renewal date at which point I will reconsider my options.
0 Ratings
TheXentertainer
Beginner
Message 54 of 69

Go to solution

That's really frustrating although I've nit read any news regarding this. 

However, I have read a lot of negative views regarding Eurosport Player and it's why I'm also not keen on going via Amazon to view it. 

On a different subject though, I remember when BT Sport was free to BT Customers and appreciate over the years it was never going to last. 

However, £25 per month as a bolt-on seems pretty steep to me, especially as they've lost NBA, IndyCar and Scottish football all quite recently. Does anyone else agree that seems far too much? 

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Guru
Message 55 of 69

Go to solution

@TheXentertainer BT Sport via the App is only £15 a month. Personally I'm on the VIP flexible pack for £60 which gives the full NowTV suite, HD Boost and BT Sport Ultimate... I'm ok with that price wise..  We have a couple of Roku Streaming Sticks so we can use all the various apps on those in the bedroom giving full multi-room access. It all works very well...  

0 Ratings
TheXentertainer
Beginner
Message 56 of 69

Go to solution

I thought I saw it somewhere for £15 per month. Pity why can't do this for Bolt-On.

That said, IF Eurosport (which I know isn't part of BT) had been part of BT Sport package, I'd have taken it up.

Does anyone know if the Eurosport Player via Amazon is actually any good via BT TV Apps please?

I miss the motor bikes and cycling (when they're on).

0 Ratings
TheXentertainer
Beginner
Message 57 of 69

Go to solution

On a different subject, I wonder why YouView and Disney+ aren't available via BT YouView Box yet?

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Guru
Message 58 of 69

Go to solution

@TheXentertainer  commercial reasons I'd imagine and the American networks seem to be favouring Sky/Comcast

0 Ratings
TheXentertainer
Beginner
Message 59 of 69

Go to solution

That makes sense although, with the BT/Now TV tie-in, I'd expect those named apps to be looking at joining if the numbers are there.

Just to repeat a question though for anyone who may know: is Eurosport Player via Amazon Prime (via YouView) worth getting? I've read poor reviews from the Eurosport Player app itself and just wanted to know if it was any better through Amazon. Thanks

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 60 of 69

Go to solution

You could take the 7 day free trial they are offering to see whether it's suitable for yourself. The live streaming channels through Amazon are generally pretty good. I believe you will need a full Amazon Prime account (£7.99) to access it though.

0 Ratings