cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flytothemoon
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

No bill emailed for 2 months, no breakdown of line rental or services

I wasl recently looking at my monthly bills, I have no breakdown of line rental and cost of broadband.

My bill is average £60 a month without using the services, phone line rental, broadband infinity 2 and any time weekend and evening calls.

I called BT help in January to take of the anytime calls during the week, which they efficiently did, however since then I have not had any bills emailed to me, nor is there a breakdown of the above.

Anyone else not getting their bills via email?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Sportbuffer
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

Re: No bill emailed for 2 months, no breakdown of line rental or services

BT closed my email account a year or so ago. Fair enough, I didn't use it. But I did use the address to log into BT Sport and my BT account. So I asked the accounts department to note my non BT address for communication, but retain my log in address as a user name only. They have confirmed several times that they have done this, and  I can log in,  but I've had no communication from them since.  I suspect it's going to the address which they closed. Accounts say it's a technical desk problem. Technical desk says it's an Accounts problem. I say **bleep** elbow.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
flytothemoon
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Further to my post a few days ago, is ther any update or reason as to why we would suddenly stop receiving our bills via email, has anyone else for the past 2 months experienced this?

Personally, this resulted for me as soon as I took away on of the add ons, also is there any way I can check the line rental I am paying and the cost of the broadband, as I said above this is not broken down on the bill anymore.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
OAPrentice
Message 4 of 7

Yes but not just the last two months ...cannot remember the last time BT emailed me that my bill was ready to look at online.  Yes we can remember ourselves to log in each month but am quite sure that the e-mail notifications are part of our contract with BT and we should be getting them.

Also last month  with not checking online straight away I was very miffed to discover that BT had changed my DD date from the end of the month to the beginning of the next month resulting in my losing £4 as I did not have enough DD's that month to met the criteria for my bank's rewards scheme.  This may sound a piffling amount if you are employed but since I have become a pensioner existing on a very low income that £4 actually equates to a lot in terms of lost spending - ie four bottles of orange juice or milk (bascis) or three bars of chocolate (treat for me or someone else).

There was no notification from BT that they were changing the date of the DD and I am sure that it is a legal requirement for them to advise if they are changing the date of a DD.

0 Ratings
OAPrentice
Message 5 of 7

Yes but not just the last two months ...cannot remember the last time BT emailed me that my bill was ready to look at online and whilst we can try to remember to log in each month and see our bills I am quite sure that the e-mail notifications are part of our contract with BT and we should be getting them.

Also last month because I did not check online straight away I was very miffed when I discovered that BT had changed my DD date from the end of the month to the beginning of the next month resulting in my losing £4 as I did not have enough DD's that month to met the criteria for my bank's rewards scheme.  This may sound a piffling amount if you are employed but since I have become a pensioner existing on a very low income that £4 actually equates to a lot in terms of lost spending - ie four bottles of orange juice or milk (bascis) or three bars of chocolate (treat for me or someone else).

There was no notification from BT that they were changing the date of the DD  - I thought that this was a legal requirement BT? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

There was a problem last month with email notifications which the Mods thought was likely to be a one off. My bill which I have already downloaded for this month has not yet had any email sent yet like last month and if it isn't received within the next 2 days I shall be opening a new thread about it. My bills are dated the 20th of each month.

This is the relevant thread    https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/No-email-notification-for-the-bill/td-p/1822699

flytothemoon
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Many thanks Conrad for the update, that is all I wanted to know, I too am 20th and have now downloaded it, still not showing a breakdown of line rental etc. as they have now just put it all together, but did look at the BT prices from March 2018.

Much appreciated for your help.

0 Ratings