cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

No broadband after house move

Go to solution

Moved home and transferred service and BT Home Hub3, on activation landline fine but no broadband, tried BT troubleshooter which says line is fine. Do I need an updated Home  Hub to get Broadband ? Any suggestions welcomed ...Thanks from a hopeless IT user.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: No broadband after house move

Go to solution

@BMUD 

What broadband package do you have at your new property,  as the home hub 3 is only suitable for ADSL (normal broadband). You need a smart hub 2 for fibre broadband.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Only got the basic package. Spoke to BT, they are sending engineer.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@BMUD wrote:

Only got the basic package. Spoke to BT, they are sending engineer.

Hi @BMUD 

Welcome and thanks for your posts!

Sorry for the delay connecting your services at your new address.  I understand that you've been chatting with my colleague on the phone and they're sending an engineer out.

Keep us posted with how the engineer gets on 😊

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Engineer arrived today (15/11/21) at booked time and helpfully tested the line, confirming it is copper (not fibre), but said there was some interference on the line and broadband wasn't "syncing". He's informed Openreach to escalate the problem, Openreach will apparently call me back to arrange another appointment. Broadband has now been offline for 7 days and counting since supposed activation (08/11/21), but at least the landline works and I can take comfort it wasn't my  poor IT knowledge causing the problem. I'm, however, a little unsure why the broadband wasn't tested when it was initially supposedly activated ?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

A highly competent OPENREACH engineer arrived today (17/11/21) as arranged. They confirmed it was a line problem and located a rusty points connection problem on a pole 35m away which they repaired. They also sorted a fibre joint connection issue in the cabinet and now the blue light on my router lights-up and my Broadband works, hurray !!!   

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@BMUD 

You can give feedback on this form.

https://www.openreach.com/thank-an-engineer-form

It is appreciated.

0 Ratings