Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 36

No broadband connection

Go to solution

I changed my broadband/phone package to take effect from 12 sept (yesterday)

Landline service is working OK.

Yesterday afternoon the existing bb connection failed leaving me with no connection

Mk 5a router is showing orange light & red broadband sign.

I left it yesterday as the changeover was specced as taking up to midnight & assumed the down time was some part of that.

BT reports no faults & good service via their help system this morning

Can anybody help please ?

**bleep**.

ps..... I am logged in here via one of the local "hot spots" which appears to be working normally.

0 Ratings
35 REPLIES 35
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 36

Re: No broadband connection

Go to solution

Oh....forgot the BT on-line censor still hasn't realised that my christian name does not cause offence in the UK.

Richard.........................( my name is "D*ck)

0 Ratings
kinthos
Contributor
Message 3 of 36

Go to solution

Login to your "myBT" portal (or use the app available on most phones) and see if there is an open order.  This might give you an idea of what is going on.

http://www.bt.com/ordertracking

If you don't fancy that, call BT and ask/get through to the Orders team.

--
If I've been helpful (or amused you) - Click the Star under my name. I'm Just another satisfied BT Customer. 😉
0 Ratings
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 36

Go to solution

Already done more than that.

The BB part of the order is marked as "may be delayed" on my BT

The on screen menu will not alow me to click on the tracking order parts that could help

Infurinatingly the page also says that they will "let me know" if there is going to be a delay & update on the progress,  neither of which has happened

Spent 20 mins waiting on the phone to try & resolve before giving up.

My infinity1 service has been disconnected so I'm left with only an orange light for company & have to reply on being able to use the nearest "hot spot" to check things (slowly) on line

Not very conveinient to say the least

Richard.

0 Ratings
kinthos
Contributor
Message 5 of 36

Go to solution

Yes sitting on other BT customers open BT Wifi hotspots is horrid - I empathize as I've been there!

If you can get mod attention, they will help you for sure - but there is often a waiting list before they'll get to you after you submit the details to them.

Sadly (and frustratingly) you'll probably need to persist in getting through via phone if you want to see faster progress.  If that doesn't help - then you may well still need mod assistance.

--
If I've been helpful (or amused you) - Click the Star under my name. I'm Just another satisfied BT Customer. 😉
0 Ratings
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 36

Go to solution

Yeah one of the mods can usually sort stuff like this quickly once your contact details arrive in the "in tray" as it were.

It's the usual lack of updates from BT/Openreach whichever is doing this bodged upgrade that gets up people noses

To be honest it's the first time I've been left without a BB connection for more than a couple of hours or so at home in all the years I've been with BT & of course I can do the essential stuff via the wi-fi network

Oh well lets hope my post gets noticed soon  Smiley Wink

Richard.

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 36

Go to solution

@dcdick wrote:

I changed my broadband/phone package to take effect from 12 sept (yesterday)

From what to what?

0 Ratings
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 36

Go to solution

From infinity 1 up to infinity 2

Was offered the upgrade for an extra £1 per month, seemed like a good "win win" deal at the time

Smiley Frustrated

Richard.

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 36

Go to solution

And they needed to switch you off for that?

Be prepared for disappointment. My Infinity 2 line has gradually slowed down and now runs at about the speed I get on my second, Infinity 1, line.

I can't even use the extra BT Cloud space that comes with Infinity 2. I haven't been able to login to the BT Cloud for five weeks, since they "upgraded" the services.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 36

Go to solution

You need to contact BT and report the fault. Going from Infinity 1 to 2 is only a software order. It does not require anything to be done with your line. It sounds like there has been a "new" order error somewhere.

0 Ratings