Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 36

Re: No broadband connection

Go to solution

The thought of battling the BT machine fills me with dread.

I have been plotting the decline of my service in the three months since it started. When it bottoms out I may stir myself into action.

0 Ratings
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 36

Go to solution

Would be nice if somebody would answer my phone calls ( 3 times been left "hanging on" & given up at the 20 min mark)

I know the promised upgrade is software driven & also there should be no reason to disconnect my existing service before they can enable the new pack

Perhaps a mod can find out what is going on as BT have just marked as "may be a delay" & I am allowed no other input via the my BT pages on any of the options

Where's a mod when you need one then Smiley Indifferent

Richard

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 36

Go to solution

The moderators will normally only become involved if the Customer Services route has been exhausted and they can not resolve the problem. 

0 Ratings
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 36

Go to solution

Don't know about customer services being exhausted.......they've got me exhausted with the inability to even answer the most basic of questions & a complete lack of any updates

Richard

0 Ratings
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 36

Go to solution

Well, progress of sorts.

I tried customer services yet again this morning and chose the option that allows a survey call after your conversation.

So by chance I got through after a very short hold, it does seem there has been a miss order & the call center op was able to re order........ so far so good, but I was told that my broadband connection was working normally on infinity 1 in the meantime while the order was progressing

Whem I said it was not and was dissconnected for whatecer reason,  I was then dumped in the queue for tech broadband help, it's now around 25 mins waiting.

How long do you have to wait for these people to pick a phone up ?

Is there a better way of reporting a fault than hanging on the phone & just waiting & waiting....................

Sick of this.

Richard

0 Ratings
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 36

Go to solution

After thinking about this with ref to my contact with customer service could this be a supply issue ?

The infinity 1 that I upgraded from disconnected on PM 12th and the replacement (infinity2) is basically not activated yet.

The hub appears to work as I can access a nearby "wi fi hotspot" basically going through the existing hub.

This indicates to me that the hub is working

The on-line fault finder system tells me that everything is OK up to the hub & then asks me if I want an "engineer" to attend.

As you may know, before that can happen you have to sign an agreement to accept a charge of up to £129.99 if BT decide to levy such a charge

This gets worse by the day Smiley Frustrated

Do I hang on untill the new promised "activation" date (19th) to see if that sorts things out

Do I sak for an engineer to call at the risk of incurring a fee of £129.99..................... not good for a pensioner on a fixed income

Any thoughts/suggestions

Richard.

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 36

Go to solution

@dcdick wrote:

The on-line fault finder system tells me that everything is OK up to the hub ....

This just confirms that the line is working. It does not confirm that Infinity is switched on.

@dcdick wrote:

The hub appears to work as I can access a nearby "wi fi hotspot" basically going through the existing hub.

This indicates to me that the hub is working

I don't follow this bit. As I understand it – I use a different make of modem – the Homehub spits out wifi. It doesn't eat it.

If you are connecting to wifi in some way, then it must be coming from somewhere else.

It is still possible that your Homehub is broadcasting a wifi signal. After all, it is still turned on. But it won't be broadcasting anything useful.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 36

Go to solution

Hi @dcdick

Thanks for posting back!

I'm sorry you're having so many problems since the upgrade order was placed.  The guys on here are right, it's a software change to remove the speed cap as such and definitely shouldn't disconnect your services!

We'll need to take a closer look at your account to get a proper understanding as to what happened.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 36

Go to solution

Thanks Robbie

PM sent via contact link

Richard.

0 Ratings
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 36

Go to solution

Still no action/response from either BT or the mods.

The update was supposed to happen on mon 9th but all that happened at my end was disconnection of my existing infinity1 & when I finally got through to customer disservice they apologised for the "missorder" & said they would fix this as a matter of urgency & then gave me a completion date of 19th (today)

Makes you feel a bit paranoid as though "they" are out to get you for some reason

Time to try the phone yet again & see what happens

Richard  Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings