Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barryu
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

No broadband for nearly a week now...

Hi,

Another disgruntled BT customer here.

BT engineer came to our new house to install landline and an internet connection on Tue 16 Aug...set it all up and working, but our landline was different from what we expected it to be.

1 week later, mid-afternoon Tue 23 Aug, landline and broadband vanish. In discussions with neighbours we find out a neighbour had Infinity installed at the same time that afternoon, and I and another neighbour lost our signal simultaneously.

3 days later a BT engineer appeared, reconnected the landline and the BT customer service team assured us broadband connection would be restored within 24 hours.

24 hours pass. No broadband. 48 hours pass, no broadband.

40 minute customer care call passes, no broadband, though lots of unplugging wires and factory-resetting things (including the homehub so I'm afraid I've no worthwhile event log to post). And after 40 minutes the guy admits he's not got a clue what's wrong and arranges an appointment for his supervisor to phone me in 3 days time.

COme on BT this is ridiculous! Anyone got any ideas, anyone know a man who can? Ironically I have an openreach engineer living a few doors away...

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
peter1uk
Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: No broadband for nearly a week now...

Only a week, I've been going round in circles for the past ten weeks getting nowhere.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 8

Hi @barryu,

When the engineer got your line back we would have expected the broadband connection to come with it. Generally we'd need a broadband skilled engineer to find out what's going on providing we can't resolve it remotely. You can get in touch with us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
barryu
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Hi thanks - will be in touch.

Much appreciated. Good to speak to someone who might actually be able to help!

barryu
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Hi Mods, sent you a message but not heard anything from you.

Juat tobupdate....Slightly predictably the supervisor that the customer care people promised would call between 2-3pm today didn't call. So another wasted hour sitting by the phone.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hi @barryu,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry you didn't get the call back as promised. I've checked out queue and we have your details. We're a little busier than normal but you're almost at the top of the queue so it won't be long now.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
John25Roberts
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Do you have ADSL, VDSL or FTTP Broadband?

0 Ratings