cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elroy-ferns
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

No capacity in Exchange box for Fibre

Hi all, I placed an order for Fibre in October 2016. My order went through, until last week I got told that there was no capacity left in the exchange box for fibre.

I wanted to find out how long it takes for the capacity to be increased? Also when I check the capacity on the dsl checker site, it shows me fibre is available? I'm not sure what's going on

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: No capacity in Exchange box for Fibre

it can take from weeks to many months if it is a card fit then a few weeks if an additional cabinet is needed then many months The DSL checker takes time to update and capacity can change daily
0 Ratings
elroy-ferns
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

How can I find out if it's any of the above, card fit or additional cabinet needed??
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

You cannot it is Openreach who provide and maintain the fibre network and they are not customer facing all you can do is keep trying the checker and trying to place an order
elroy-ferns
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

So openreach just got back to me: 

Dear Elroy,

Thank you for contacting us.

You are connected to SHEPHERDS BUSH exchange and cabinet 3

In response to your query regarding increase in capacity, as per our network data there is still capacity for more customers to place order.

Our system is updated to reflect fibre availability for you, there is no ongoing capacity issue.

Please check with your service provider once again.

You may try to place order with another service provider.

Based on Openreach's response back, it seems to me that there is capacity in the exchange box. However BT on a whole might have just run out of capacity to provide me fibre. So another provider would be able to provide me fiber if they have capacity in the exchange box. Can anyone confirm this ?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

if there is capacity at the cabinet then any Provider BT included can provide fibre service BT have not run out of capacity as there are NO allocated spaces per provider every provider has equal access to cabinet space
0 Ratings