Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmmaW1
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

No email notification for the bill

Go to solution
Hello I have chosen to have my bills in electronic form only, and pay them by quarterly direct debit. In order to inform me that my bill is ready BT has been sending me email notifications. However this month for the first time no notification was sent. I have only found out that the bill was issued when the money was debited from my bank account. Is this a new approach from BT - the customers from now on will have to log into My BT every week in order to find out when the bill is ready? I hope not. Is ti possible to make sure that I receive email notifications again? I will be grateful for any suggestions. Many thanks in advance.
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Andy005
Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: No email notification for the bill

Go to solution

I'm billed monthly and I haven't received an email notification for this months bill. I suspect that it's just a glitch and it will be okay for next month, I can't see why BT would deliberately stop sending notifications, and if they were to they would inform customers.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

@Andy005 and @EmmaW1 I'm sorry you didn't get your online bill notification email. We still send these and I am not aware of any known issues with the sending of the email bill alerts.

Have you checked your spam folder to make sure that the email wasn't inadvertently marked as spam?

0 Ratings
Andy005
Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I'd already checked my spam folder @NeilO, I only use it as a reminder to download a pdf copy so it's not a problem for, just a hiccup I think.

0 Ratings
EmmaW1
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Yes, I have checked my spam folder - nothing there either. Not having email notifications is a problem for me, as my bills vary so I want to make sure that there is enough money in my account. Have the notifications been turned off for my account by mistake? Is it possible to check it, please?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @EmmaW1 and @Andy005 Thanks for checking spam folder and sorry you did not get the alert.

We will be happy to look into this further if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Andy005
Expert
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks @JohnC2 but as it's not that important to me I'll see if it's back to normal next month, just a minor glitch I think.

0 Ratings
EmmaW1
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Many thanks JohnC2. I have sent my details as requested.
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @EmmaW1,

Thank you for taking my call. I've double checked your email address and they are showing as correct. It was more than likely a temporary issue that will be corrected in time for your next bill.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings