cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NonPetch
Message 1 of 9

No email notification of recent price increase

So I check my bills for this month and found that the price has changed since my last bill. I checked my emails to see if there were any emails from bt about this which I might have missed - nothing. I called customer service, they said they already sent it, I told them I never got it. I asked them to send me it again so I can read the details (in case I somehow just completely missed it). 24 hours on, no such email has arrived.

Whilst researching possible issues I have read other bt customers are having the same problem. 

What can I do about this since CS told me I have missed the deadline to cancel or deal with the price change.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: No email notification of recent price increase

Bt often send the enails to your btinternet.com email address which many people don't actually use for daily email  sometime the email gets filtered into you junk or bulk mail folder

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Hi @NonPetch Sorry that you did not receive your price change email. 

We did email all customer's who would be affected by the new prices. Would you please check your bill and let me know what products have increased in price since your previous bills?

thanks

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
NonPetch
Message 4 of 9

Hi John,

From my bill it seem bt sport is being charged twice this month. An extra £3.50.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hi @NonPetch

Thanks for posting back!

I assume you watch BT Sport on BT TV?  There is rental for this now, it's £3.50 per month.  Are you saying that you're seeing the £3.50 x 2 on your bill?  You shouldn't be charged twice.

You can read more here: Find out about our 7 January 2018 price changes

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi @NonPetch

I have looked into this further and a small number of customers were billed in arrears for the BT Sport service.  This was an error on our part and we have corrected that now so that you're billed in advance in line with our other products/services.

The duplicate charge on your bill is correct as it's for two months rental (in arrears & then a month in advance).  Your future bills will show the monthly advanced rental from here on in.  Apologies for the confusion about this.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Mykt555
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Raise a complaint with BT. Tell them that you didn't receive the price increase notification email. Also tell them you are aware of other BT customers that haven't received the email who are having their contracts terminated without penalty. BT have admitted to myself that they know there is a problem with several customers not getting the email and have agreed to terminate my contract but I've had to complain and complain and complain again until they did admit fault. Good luck
0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

@JohnC2wrote:

We did email all customer's who would be affected by the new prices. Would you please check your bill and let me know what products have increased in price since your previous bills?

Not all customers were told. BT have sent out letters to customers who were not informed of the January 2018 price rise. As to how many there are, who knows!!

bt coc.JPGBT letter Feb 2018

0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

Any idea how many people got missed in the initial round of emails in November, and have now got a letter giving them rights to leave?

0 Ratings