cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sophielinda
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

No gift card

Joined by after been with sky for years but seen tho your sports packages were good we decided to give bt ago, when we joined there was a incentive that if you joined now online we would be entitled to a £150 gift card. We sent the order wanting sports package with Internet and stating we did not need a engineer to come out and install as my partner works in that area we received confirmation, the next day we received another email saying engineer been booked when we never requested a engineer we also notice whoever had in putted that information had actually put the wrong address we rang bt the customer service advisor was apologetic and said they would sort it out. We then received all our stuff installed it wewas happy then we sent off to receive our gift card. We received no gift card in the post so we rang to ask how long it would be the customer service advisor said we are no longer entitled to it as the customer service advisor canceled our original booking to make a new one with the correct address and said there's nothing he can do as it was only on Internet booking and as our was canceled and was then a booking made from a office,I'm really annoyed with bt as the original error was from your end and secondly if the first customer service advisor had to cancel the booking why not say to us 'as I am having to input the information on a new booking it means you will not be entitled to the gift card as it is no longer a internet booking' ,I'm to the point where I am that angry I want to cancel and I don't care if I have to pay.
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: No gift card

Please use this form to chase up your Sainsbury Gift Card.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/6090

This is the same method that the forum moderators would use. There is a delay in issuing gift cards at the moment
0 Ratings
Sophielinda
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

That is not resolved is it applying for it again when I have already applied for it and been told no I will be seeking advice
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Hi Sophielinda,

Welcome and thanks for posting. Did you try claiming the voucher using the original order details? When placing the order did you get the address details incorrect? If you can complete and submit that form and then drop me an email with the details I can check what’s gone wrong for you. You’ll get the contact link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Sophielinda
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

No we tried claiming the voucher with the new order details plus he deleted the email with volo code as he just thought the voucher was in the post but surely there some way you can look into the system and see this if I send his details across
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 6 of 11

Hi Sophielinda, 

We can certainly look into this if you send across your details  using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile. 

Thanks,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
jay1975
Message 7 of 11

Im having EXACTLY same issue almost.

Got a new contract with iTunes voucher giveaway. Got the contract on the 22nd July. Applied for the voucher on the 1st August. At the time the website said 30 days maximum to receive card.

It's now 7th September and no voucher. I've rung bt several times and they pretty much say that it's not their responsibility to honour it as its provided by a different company and I must apply online.

My request has even been escalated to their escalation team who funnily enough are supposed to contact me today, but after countless broken promises from BT regarding this and phone calls back promised to me I doubt they will call.

I've received emails from some random bt department telling me that my voucher is being processed and I'll get it in the NEXT 15 - 30 WORKING DAYS!! That's another 3-6 weeks.

I've told BT to cancel my contract and I'll return the phone as I'm totally disgusted with their lies and utter BS.

Now I had another email saying that my voucher will take a MINIMUM 21-30 days to get here!!!

Since my first application for the voucher, the wait time has now increased to 45 days, which of course the useless customer support team keep quoting me.

I feel so **bleep** sorry for all the EE etc customers that have got this terrible company being their network provider in the next 12-18 months.

Shame on you BT
0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 11

Hi

You should eventually get this voucher I would think. Have you tried the following form?

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/6090

One thing to be aware of if you just cancel is 'hold to term charges'.

See: http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/static/terms/contracts-early-termination.html

In particular the section titled 'BT Mobile Service'. You might find it costs you the same/more to cancel than it would to keep your contract running.

I would assume that you are outwith the 14 day 'cooling off' period as listed in:

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/static/terms/post3rdjuly2016mobile-service.html

I would assume that a lot of people are claiming vouchers just now hence the delay. Possibly the 3rd party who send these out are struggling to keep up with demand. However that's just a guess on my part.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Hi there, I joined BT in July 2016 and was promised a £100 Credit gift card (not a Sainsbury's one), as of today this has STILL not been delivered, can you please let me know when I will be receiving this as it has taken too long? Many thanks, Lisa

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

Have you filled in the online form for it?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings