cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

No internet 3 months after ordering

Having moved house 3 months ago I expected to be able to move my services across easily however the process has been a nightmare and the customer service of the lowest possible standard. I have been assured on multiple occasions that my service will begin on various dates only for that date to pass without any contact leading me to follow up and find that the order was cancelled days before without any contact. I have been passed from case manager to case manager who have been hopeless, they do not answer their calls and do not respond to voice mail despite me knowing they are in the office. The last contact I had was 10 days ago saying they would be in contact within 48 hours... still waiting. On top of this I have been charged £60 setup fee that should never have taken place as my original order did not require it and have been quoted a whole range of different prices for the services. Bt need to get their act together and sort this out.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: No internet 3 months after ordering

Welcome to this user forum. @Gvp 

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Hi @Gvp  Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I'm sorry that you are getting different dates for your connection and not been kept informed of what is happening with your broadband order. I just want to check if you are waiting for Ultrafast or Fibre To The Premises to be connected or is it Fibre To The Cabinet or broadband over a copper line. Post back and let me know.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Copper from the cabinet I think from what I was originally told
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Hi @Gvp  thanks for getting back to me and we will be able to help you with this. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Hi @Gvp  Thanks for sending over your details and sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've checked and can see that Connections team do have an open case on your account and have been working to get your broadband activated. It is copper broadband but unfortunately the routing records were incorrect. They have corrected these and reissued your broadband order. The broadband should now be active tomorrow. Post back and let me know that you get connected ok. 

Cheers
John 

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Unfortunately still no connection and no contact at all from case management despite numerous attempts to get hold of them over the past 3 weeks
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Hi @Gvp  Sorry that you are still awaiting your broadband to be connected.

I've checked and the connections team have already picked this up this morning and raised an escalation with Wholesale about the delay. They did try to call to update you but could not reach you. I called a few minutes ago and left a brief message.

If this is not the best number to call you on please can you PM me your contact number. If this is your best contact number please advise the best time to call and I will update the your complaint. They expect an update to the escalation by the weekend and will be in touch to update you then.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Thanks John, apologies for missing your call, that is the best number and I will be around for much of the rest of this afternoon and tomorrow. I don't know what number they are trying to contact me on as I've had no other calls. If you are able can you highlight my mobile as my preferred number for them. Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Hi @Gvp  thanks for that and I've updated the notes to ensure they have your mobile number. I would expect that it will be Saturday when they get in touch as they should have an update from wholesale by then.

Cheers
John 

0 Ratings