Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seshrenn
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

No internet a month after activation

Hello,

This is now getting ridiculous, it has been a month since my activation and I have never had internet access. I had an open complaint, which was closed due to me missing the singular call that was made, and has now been reopened by one of your support advisors.

I have had almost no communication regarding what you, or Openreach, are doing about this and it feels as though almost nothing has actually happened with the exception of one engineer visit to check internal wiring. While here, he installed a new master socket and confirmed there was no problem with the internal wiring. He also connected a phone to the line and received no dial tone, as well as his test router, which did not sync.

I feel as though this should not happen with a company as large as BT, especially since I have been charged for my first month of service already and will be due to pay my second bill soon. 

Before anyone asks, I am receiving FTTC as a standalone broadband package.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Seshrenn
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: No internet a month after activation

I'd like to add to this that I have just been on the phone with your support line and the woman I was connected with seemed to barely be able to use the software in front of her as well as being very hard to communicate with. Upon asking for more information than a random date that is supplied by your fault tracker as an estimated fix date, she got very defensive and a bit rude. I'd expect BT to have better customer support than this.

For the record, this estimated fix date is probably about the 10th or more different dates I've been given, absolutely ridiculous.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 3

Re: No internet a month after activation

Hi @Seshrenn welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry about the delay getting your broadband connected.  I'll send you a private message so you can send us over your BT account details and we'll be happy to chase this up with Openreach and find out what's happening. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings