Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jack89
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

No internet after home move

Hi, 

Been a happy BT customer for 2 years up until last week. 

I requested a home move on 26th June for when I moved home on 1st July. My internet was promptly turned off on 1st and due to be activated in my new property on 8th. Engineer came and installed line all fine only to then notice there was no internet on my account. 

Apparently the home move ‘failed’ and the order had to be cancelled before being reordered again (right..). 

It is now the 19th and I still have no internet. I have rang 14 times, been promised Atleast 6 call backs which have never happened. Every person I talk to seems to have a different take on it. Today I speak to someone who says it’ll be on by 18:00, only to then ring again and be told the team dealing with it finish at 17:30 and return on Monday morning, so a weekend left again. 

Surely this is a simple fix, the lines in, I’m an existing customer. I work from home 3 days a week which I havnt been able to do for 2 weeks now. The service I’ve had is quite frankly horrendous, all I want is my broadband activated! 

What can I do? Please help! 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: No internet after home move

@Jack89 

Is your phone line working, and is the phone number correct?

You can dial 17070 to check the number is correct.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Can you enter your phone number and post results remember delete number    http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

See what is available on your line now. It may be your cab is full

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jack89
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

I don’t actually have a phone to plug in (never owned one) but the engineer tested it upon installation and it worked. 

0 Ratings
Jack89
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in Jumper  High Low High Low        Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date

ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date
Left in JumperObserved SpeedsVDSLOther Offerings

Availability Date

Premise environmentStatus

VDSL Range A (Clean)8067201961.1AvailableAvailable-- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)8065.5201959.5AvailableAvailable-- 
FTTP on Demand33030--Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 3.5--2 to 6.5Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 3.5Up to 0.52 to 6.5Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 1--1 to 3.5Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate1 ----Available---- 
Fixed Rate1 ----Available---- 
VDSL Multicast------Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapU      
VRI--      
NTEFaceplate--      
Last Test Date08-07-2019   
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

@Jack89 wrote:

I don’t actually have a phone to plug in (never owned one) but the engineer tested it upon installation and it worked. 

Then I would suggest you try a phone to prove the line is still working and the number is correct, as its quite possible it has become disconnected or crossed with another line. This can happen when a visit is made to the cabinet to connect the broadband via the fibre cabinet.

A cheap wired phone costs about £5 and would help to prove whether you have a fault within your own wiring.

The phone line needs to be working otherwise there will be no broadband.

0 Ratings
Jack89
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

thanks I’ll try this tomorrow, although I don’t think that’s the problem. Basically broadband has been ‘removed’ from my profile but the failed home move is blocking them from reordering it to my account, some offline team needs to manually remove it before they can reissue, or so they say. 

0 Ratings